New Car Detail: 2014 Camry - Polish & Coating

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my closest friends from HS just purchased a 2014 Camry. The two of us did an exterior detail on it, and we were able to finish the car in only four hours!

Tools:
Rupes Bigfoot LHR21ES Polisher w/washer mod
Eurow Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Uber No Name Super Plush Microfiber Towels
Grit-Guard

Products:
Meguiars Gold Class Car Wash - body
Iron-X Paste - body
Nanoskin Fine Grade 6" DA Pad - body
Nanoskin Nano Shock Spray Lubricant - body
HD Polish - body
Meguiars Soft Buff 2.0 Yellow polishing pad - body
Uber Green polishing pad - body
Rupes White finishing pad - body
Optimum Power Clean diluted 3:1 - body
IPA Mix - 91% IPA diluted 3:1 - body
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 - body

The process was as follows: 1) wash, 2) applied Iron-X paste, 3) used Nanoskin Autoscrub as a clay substitute, 4) 1-step polish using HD Polish (surprisingly, the car's paint was almost perfect), 5) soak vehicle in Optimum Power Clean to remove polishing oils, 6) wipe down vehicle with IPA mix, 7) apply Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0.

We somehow missed some spots on the hubcaps, so pardon the brake dust in the pictures.

I forgot to take pictures before we started, so these are all pictures after the detail was complete. I really need to get a real camera.

Not a bad reflection for this color:

Best sun shot that I could get:

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Looks great...metallic gold is probably one of my favorite colors on cars.

It is actually a brown/silver color. This is a new color for 2014 -- it is called Creme Brûlée Mica. Under low lighting conditions it looks silver, but looks slightly beige under direct sunlight.

So this is the second car you have actually polished? I recall you saying recently that you had only machine polished one car.

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
So this is the second car you have actually polished? I recall you saying recently that you had only machine polished one car.

This is the second complete car that I have polished out. Prior to this, I've polished out a few panels on a car, but never a complete one.

Originally Posted By: aznboi24
HUGE thanks to Michael for doing this for me. He seriously did all the work and it came out great! I owe him big!

No problem! The trunk lid that you did looks great as well.

I cannot wait to hear your thoughts once you wash the car in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back