New Budweiser Cans?

I don't drink, but my cousins, son, and friends do. I always keep beer in the fridge for them. I switch between Miller High Life and Natural Light. Well, some of them asked if I would get some Coors Light or Budweiser the next time. While grocery shopping at WM yesterday morning I bought a 24 pak of Budweiser. When I got home and started putting them in the fridge I noticed the cans were slim and taller than normal 12 oz. cans. They are 10 oz. cans! Here I am thinking they were normal 12 oz. cans. These guys are going to drink these down in 1-2 swallows! Has anyone else seen these new Budweiser cans yet?
21.gif

BUD.jpeg

Blue:
Don't spoil them … That Natty is cheaper … a million college kids probably agree, LoL …

Wow that's odd.....
For what seems like forever the standard can sizes in the USA have been 12, by a wide margin, 16, and rarely 8 oz.

Seems like another case of product downsizing.

Originally Posted by 4WD
Blue:
Don't spoil them … That Natty is cheaper … a million college kids probably agree, LoL …

You're right.
I saw a special on NATGEO about college kids and how they are drinking so much that they are killing themselves from alcohol poisoning. And, they're favorite alcohol to kill themselves with was NATURAL LIGHT beer. Like I stated, I don't drink. I haven't had a drop of beer or liquor (whiskey or wine) since I was 18 years old (currently 56). If I did, I would like to know what NL has in it for so many college kids to like it. My ex wife was a BAD alcoholic! I swear to God, she would drink an 18 pak of Coors light almost every night. She lost 3 high paying jobs from not showing up at work the next day.
Anyway, it's back to NL the next time I buy beer for them.
crackmeup2.gif

i bought them years ago when bud tasted good, no more!! even cheap Hamms is better. yuengling lager + some IPAs are my favs today

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
she would drink an 18 pak of Coors light almost every night.

Is that like 2 non-light ones?
smile.gif

When we went in front of the judge for my sons (6 years old at that time) custody hearing the judge told her to get help for her drinking and drug problem (cocaine, crystal meth, and heroin sometimes) or until doing so, she could not get within 1K ft. of my son, no emails, letters, or phone calls either. She got up, flipped the judge off and told him "F-YOU!" She then stormed out the court room. The judge just grinned and gave me permanent custody of my son, and slapped her with contemp, $10K bond, and stated she had to everything he required her to do earlier.
She NEVER came around my son, NEVER spoke to him, or NEVER emailed, wrote, or called him, until he was 18. I raised him from 6 to 18. She had 3 other children from 3 different fathers, and they wound up in similar situations. Her 1st son from a different father is still in Angola prison. He was arrested for armed robbery, stealing 2 cars, drug trafficking, and counterfeit money making.

I don't drink, but ... I always keep beer in the fridge for them. I switch between Miller High Life and Natural Light. Well, some of them asked if I would get some Coors Light or Budweiser the next time...

it's good thing you don't drink then
smile.gif
But seriously:

They are 10 oz. cans

Sounds like a bit of a rip off. I've had some Euro beers like Kronenbourg 1664 that were 11 oz., but I think they're trying to look like they're being sleek with the thin cans, but saving 2 oz. while charging you for it. Canadian origin beers are big here like Molson and Labatts, both were chided in the 1990s because they had 11.5oz. per bottle saving them one beer a case while charging the same as Bud. They now all are 12 oz.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
she would drink an 18 pak of Coors light almost every night.

Is that like 2 non-light ones?
smile.gif

When we went in front of the judge for my sons (6 years old at that time) custody hearing the judge told her to get help for her drinking and drug problem (cocaine, crystal meth, and heroin sometimes) or until doing so, she could not get within 1K ft. of my son, no emails, letters, or phone calls either. She got up, flipped the judge off and told him "F-YOU!" She then stormed out the court room. The judge just grinned and gave me permanent custody of my son, and slapped her with contemp, $10K bond, and stated she had to everything he required her to do earlier.
She NEVER came around my son, NEVER spoke to him, or NEVER emailed, wrote, or called him, until he was 18. I raised him from 6 to 18. She had 3 other children from 3 different fathers, and they wound up in similar situations. Her 1st son from a different father is still in Angola prison. He was arrested for armed robbery, stealing 2 cars, drug trafficking, and counterfeit money making.

...so what your saying is....everything turned out OK for all parties involved.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by gathermewool
InBev having trouble with competition from so many popular local (domestic) offerings???

Yes, and it's nothing new. One of the reasons Anheuser Busch was bought by InBev was they had lost around 10% of market share to craft...

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Beaver Wizz!

I actually don't mind Bud, but haven't had one in years, so many better choices for about the same or a bit more. They must put some preservative chemicals in it that gives everyone a headache, and not from a hangover...

They best "cheap beer" I've had is "The Jaws beer", Narragansett...
[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Buttwiper
sick.gif

That and mad dog 20/20 are
37.gif

Oh man I forgot about that one!
grin2.gif

Back