New Brute Force 750

I finally broke down and bought a new ATV. I've ridden Sport quads forever, and during our big family&friend week long ride at Jericho this summer, the 130 miles in a day on my modded 400ex (416cc kit, Edelbrock carb, T4 pipe,+2,+1 control arms with rod ends and Elka coil overs) was taking it's toll on my not-so-young anymore body.

I ended up buying a '21 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i V-twin EPS. The thing is an animal. I've been out a few times to Pisgah state park in NH for mild rides during the break-in period and it has been amazing. The seat and suspension are very comfy. It has a lot of power as well, although I find the power is more than the chassis can handle at higher speeds (understeer). Of course, I'm used to my Honda, so I can adjust.

For now, it's going to remain all stock. No pipe (yet), but I may add some spacers to increase the width slightly. We'll see. I hauled some Ash firewood rounds from my neighbors property last weekend with the small trailer I have and it didn't skip a beat. Sticking with Kawasaki fluids for now. Just completed the first 60 mile change with Kawasaki 10W40 syn-blend and Kawi filter. Kawi Rear diff fluid and front gear oil should be arriving today.

Here are a few pics. 1st pic is from yesterdays hookie run. 2nd pic is a week and a half ago with my wife and her Honda Rancher on 25" Bear Claw tires.

IMG_7404.JPG

quads pisgah.jpg

That kawi is really nice! I had a rancher with an overbore+compression but Ouch it was a total brick compared to the Polaris's i used to ride with. I moved up to a Yammi YXZ SxS since then for old bones sake. I use M1 in all the toyz with no issues. Happy Trails!

Nice! How do you like the bear claws on the Honda? Just picked some up for my 4x4 Honda Fourtrax.

In a word - awesome. Our last trip to Jericho, I used my wife's Rancher at one of the parks toughest black diamond trails.
Piece of cake. Her Rancher is like a little ant climbing a wall.

They ride pretty well on the street too. Not as rough as you think. We had about 20+ miles of street time at about 40MPH heading to Errol, NH and she said it was smooth.

I own a 2008, first year of EFI. I've added power steering and a complete aluminum skid plate kit. Knock on wood, it just runs and runs and runs, never had an issue, even after the monster wipeout I just had at Moab. I might have to go to the Kawi SxS though, with age comes a cage.

I can't believe I missed this one. I had an 08. These are serious machines. I had my clutch modded and it was like an 800. Reliable and FAST! Scary fast. Climbs loose rock on an incline like a billy goat as well. I'm mellower in the last few years but have never had a true fear of speed. Still have a piece of bone in my right ankle from a break on that machine and almost lacerated my spleen the next year.

Not a lot of places to ride by me in NY. All closed off. Lots of rides in western NY and PA. I rode Pisgah, but I wish I had gotten to northern New Hampshire up by Littleon area and by Cabot and the Horn near the fishery. I scouted the Cabot area hiking one of the 4k footers. Still kicking myself I never rode there.

I was using Rotella and Pur 1 filters on mine with good results. I never had any tears in my Pur 1 filters but also didn't run oil long either.

I have a puller specific to the Brute. If you want it, I'll give it to you. Enjoy it. Not many Quads can do what the Brute does wide open on a straight roadway.

Attachments

• Kawi Brute.jpg
    Kawi Brute.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 17
Back