New Bridgestone RE970AS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like they finally replaced the RE960AS tire. Those been on the market for 6 years. These should be just as good or better! They have a UTQG of 400 and AA Traction and A Temp. I had a set of RE960AS's on my 05 Sentra. They were awesome in the rain up here in Portland.

The Potenza RE970AS Pole Position is Bridgestone's flagship Ultra High Performance All-Season tire developed for drivers looking to combine high speed capability with all-season traction for sophisticated sports cars, sporty coupes and high performance sedans. The Potenza RE970AS Pole Position is designed to provide predictable handling, traction and control on dry and wet roads, as well as in light snow.

The Potenza RE970AS Pole Position molds a new all-season rubber compound into a directional tread design that combines responsiveness on dry roads with traction in wet and wintry driving conditions. Notched shoulders, stable tread blocks and a continuous center rib increase tread stiffness to deliver responsive steering, predictable handling and at-the-limit braking on dry roads. A series of circumferential and lateral grooves help pump water and slush through the tire's footprint to enhance hydroplaning resistance, wet road and light snow traction.

The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon, along with a carcass reinforced by a hard sidewall filler between polyester cord plies to help resist distortion at high speeds and while cornering.

RE970AS.png

oh! Love the way those treads look! I just got 4 RE960AS on fathers day for my Celica. They do have excellent traction, even on wet roads. The only "con" for them is the ride, not too soft a ride, quite bumpy but that's the price of performance tires!

Thanks for the pic!

The tread design reminds me of the General Altimax tires. Should be great on dry and wet roads, not sure about snow, though.

Last edited:
THe RE960 tires were great except for the road noise as they wear gets to be deafining. Something I usually don't worry about.

Hope they fixed this on the 90s on an otherwise great tire.

Originally Posted By: Scorch
Looks like my old potenza g019 grids...*shudders*

I don't think they look a like?

brihhc.ang.jpg

Unfortunately the RE970AS is no available for 15" rim sizes. This was not the case with the RE960AS.

Originally Posted By: ffracer
THe RE960 tires were great except for the road noise as they wear gets to be deafining. Something I usually don't worry about.

Hope they fixed this on the 90s on an otherwise great tire.

I actually got 55k out of my 205/55/16 W-rated RE960's. They never got louder as time passed on, they did lost lots of traction being 6+ yrs old and apparently rubber hardened.

The downfall of the RE960 was poor winter traction once worn a bit. Otherwise I would recommend the RE960 to anyone.

I have the RE960s with right at 50k now; should be good for about 60k at this point. No increase in noise from new; actually a pretty quiet tire. Great wet weather traction; almost like dry---which is why I bought them. I have to imagine the new 970s will be even more so.

I may end up going withe Serenities at replacement on my 07 Accord V6 due to the amount of highway driving I do. I'd give up a little cornering (which I don't use) for a slightly better ride (which I do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back