New BMW OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read other forums and asked questions. The BMW maintenance schedule shows 15000 mi/25000 km intervals.
Which BMW owner is good with that OCI, and who have perform 1 or 2 OC in addition to the dealer specified ones?

I have always changed oil at 6000 km so this concept I am not so sure of.

Don't the newer BMWs have rather large sumps? If so, 15,000 miles is doable on a quality synthetic.

Originally Posted By: bigbadboss101
I have read other forums and asked questions. The BMW maintenance schedule shows 15000 mi/25000 km intervals.
Which BMW owner is good with that OCI, and who have perform 1 or 2 OC in addition to the dealer specified ones?

I have always changed oil at 6000 km so this concept I am not so sure of.

With the BMW approved synthetic oil, 6K km is definitely too early to change your oil.

Now, whether you can do 15K miles depends on your particular driving patterns. In ideal conditions, it's doable.

Personally, I have no problem going 10K miles or 1 year in mine.

my best friend's 03 325i has a 15k OCI and she does it.
when bmw did the oil changes they refused to change the oil until 15k was met.
when the maintenance services were up at 75k,
she put amsoil in and went 25k with 2 oil filter changes in between.
After the 25k, she now on redline and will go about 20k on it with 2 oil filter changes.
but so far no issues..

Just follow the manual, I know a ton of people with BMW's that do that and they run just fine until they get rid of them.

BMW knows how to build a car, people only have problems when they ignore the manual and run a none spec oil.

Even back when I had my new '84 BMW 325E, the dealer recommended going by the oil change monitor, which for my style of driving, indicated needing oil changes at around 9,000 mile intervals. I was chastised (in writing) by the service manager once for asking to have the oil changed before the computer said it was necessary. Since that car was so easy to work on (you could change the filter from above), I usually changed my oil a couple times in between the computer's service intervals.

I can't do it. I let the dealer do it every 7,000 miles and not reset the OLM every other trip. So far they have not charged us for an oil change, each time saying they will get us next time. We are at 40k, so only one or two more free oil changes.

It's so easy, they send down a loaner car, pick ours up and then bring it back with new oil and wiper blades.

If it was 10k I could probably do it, but 14k is just a little too much for me.

The infinitis also get changed around 6-7k, but by me.

What car are you talking about?

My new 135i got an oil change at about 1400. It will get another around 3000. I think the dealer service is once a year, right?

If the car is DI, Id change it often. If not, Id still change it at 1500 or so, depending upon use maybe also once midway on what the computer says. But if it is not DI and UOA shows it to be OK, Id trust the computer after the first few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back