New Battery

2018 Caravan still has original Johnston Control battery and it was dead today. Charged for 30 minutes and came back to life. I had already ordered a battery from Walmart cause I am tight on money. Walmart Maxx battery was 50 cheaper than Autozone and 100 cheaper than Goodyear. 3 year warranty and 5 year prorated. Hopefully it will last. 12-17 to 6-24. Can't ask for more. 2 months before payoff and 1/2 a payment.

The Walmart Everstart is great option and always a good bit cheaper. That was all I used to use until I got my AZ commercial account where I can now get AZ batteries less than walmart. They are equal quality in my opinion but for a regular consumer the walmart is always at least 50 bucks less than anywhere else.

Please explain. the money you owe on the vehicle?
Also, are you saying a particular Walmart Everstart Maxx (yours) has to be ordered well ahead of time?
Battery just under 200 and payment of 400 for vehicle note. I have 2 payments left. First repair on vehicle comes out to 1/2 a vehicle payment.
No I am stranded at home and Walmart will deliver the battery to me.

Walmart Eversart MAXX, same battery made same way with the same internals as the other sellers. Less warranty, but the others get you with pro-rated, so no real savings there. Walmart batteries are also fresh and usually have not been sitting on a shelf for months (there are occasional exceptions, so still look at the date sticker, and test if you have a tester, or ask the person at the store to test it). In general $50.00 to $120.00 less for the same battery.

Walmart Eversart MAXX, same battery made same way with the same internals as the other sellers. Less warranty, but the others get you with pro-rated, so no real savings there. Walmart batteries are also fresh and usually have not been sitting on a shelf for months (there are occasional exceptions, so still look at the date sticker, and test if you have a tester, or ask the person at the store to test it). In general $50.00 to $120.00 less for the same battery.
This one has more warranty. 3 years versus 2 along with 5 year prorated.

If you're really looking at trying to save money, another alternative method that may work is contacting the local advance Auto parts locations near you and finding out if they have a used battery available that will fit your minivan.

My dealership often gets seconds, which are batteries that must be put in the used area because they didn't sell after 6 months. There is nothing wrong with the batteries since these places are temperature controlled, and I have found some fantastic deals doing it this way. In my neck of the woods with tax, it's only $46.

5 years from now, if you remember this post, hopefully you can keep tabs on what is available at your nearby stores.

Last edited:
I have never had an issue with Everstart Maxx, they are good batteries. Now their Plus line are decent they usually last 2 years so in a pinch they are good but the Maxx is worth the little bit more.

I currently have 1 in my Toyota and 1 in my Chevy from pre-pandemic and last time I checked with my battery tester the battery health was at 98%.

What chain parts stores get for their batteries from over-the-counter consumers is criminal. You did good, and got the same thing with a different sticker. And, arguably, a better warranty just because of the stores nearby and their long hours.

Back