Interstate Battery

This is part of why I gave up my 15 years of Costco membership. The battery I bought went bad and was only 2 years old. They no longer carried that size battery and refused to honor because they no longer carry it. I had to argue with the store manager who finally gave me a credit but it took alot of effort to get that done. Then 3 of my 4 tires went flat overnight and they wanted to charge me a flat tire repair fee. Again arguing with store manager as I had the tire road hazard package but this apparently doesn't cover that they installed the wrong wheel weights that were causing my tires to leak. Said I needed to pay before they would repair so I was done with Costco and haven't looked back. It is not the same Costco that it was 10 years ago that customer service was extremely high.
WTH?? They wanted to CHARGE you to repair the flats THEY CAUSED?!? If they pulled that with me, their next contact would be with my attorney, that's garbage!

Like everything else today, batteries are made cheaper and shortcuts are taken. I had a couple of Kirkland batteries that lasted years. They were made by Interstate for Costco and I think to Costco’s specs. Now people are reporting they last 3-4 years. There’s got to be a replacement policy that if the battery fails after a couple of months, Costco will replace it. They typically don’t hang out their customers like that. Maybe people were bringing in 30 month old batteries to be replaced so as always have a new battery. That’s why they changed the tv and computer returns, people were bringing in their computers and tv’s in 3years later to always have the latest and greatest.
If Costco doesn't load test the alleged "bad" battery, then they deserve to get taken by unscrupulous customers. If I keep them charged, terminals clean, hold-downs tight (& they don't leak battery acid everywhere), I haven't had a battery not last 3 years MINIMUM, & I had an Interstate MTP-78 last THIRTEEN YEARS!

If Costco doesn't load test the alleged "bad" battery, then they deserve to get taken by unscrupulous customers. If I keep them charged, terminals clean, hold-downs tight (& they don't leak battery acid everywhere), I haven't had a battery not last 3 years MINIMUM, & I had an Interstate MTP-78 last THIRTEEN YEARS!

I hope you were just venting and not serious with that statement. It is exactly that reason why COSTCO amended their 3 year exchange warranty to a pro-rated warranty to curtail fraud. Ultimately, it only penalizes those of us who never abused the previous liberal warranty, including yourself.

always an interesting subject!! its said theres only THREE battery makers + east penns over 500 acre is near reading pa so do you think a cheepie seller like Wallys trucks $$$$$ them to the west coast!! in the past i was using a cheep basic battery tender BUT since buying + using the quality C-Tek charger ALL my batteries live LONGER even though fully retired 10+ yrs + lovin it!!

I must be too old school as I think returning batteries because their warranty is almost up but still working is wrong...returning that big screen TV after the Super Bowl that I only bought to watch the Super Bowl on is wrong...returning clothes purchased for "prom" afterwards is wrong...taking advantage of these return policies because they have them is wrong...

live your life the way you wish to...I couldn't do that...

Bill

This is part of why I gave up my 15 years of Costco membership. The battery I bought went bad and was only 2 years old. They no longer carried that size battery and refused to honor because they no longer carry it. I had to argue with the store manager who finally gave me a credit but it took alot of effort to get that done. Then 3 of my 4 tires went flat overnight and they wanted to charge me a flat tire repair fee. Again arguing with store manager as I had the tire road hazard package but this apparently doesn't cover that they installed the wrong wheel weights that were causing my tires to leak. Said I needed to pay before they would repair so I was done with Costco and haven't looked back. It is not the same Costco that it was 10 years ago that customer service was extremely high.
Sounds like a bad store. No need to hate on Costco as a whole.

Back