New Apple BEV? !

Buying Ford along with their legacy costs would be the biggest blunder in market history.
Pretty hard to argue with that!

The problem Tesla has, is mfg capcaity and distribution.
You should see the trucks loaded with Model 3 and Model Ys leaving Fremont. With no end in sight as they are at full mfg capacity to keep up with demand. Lead time is 2 to 3 months, or longer, unless you are local.
Europe is far worse.

Pretty hard to argue with that!

The problem Tesla has, is mfg capcaity and distribution.
You should see the trucks loaded with Model 3 and Model Ys leaving Fremont. With no end in sight as they are at full mfg capacity to keep up with demand. Lead time is 2 to 3 months, or longer, unless you are local.
Europe is far worse.

It’s probably better to buy unused assembly plants like they did with Fremont. The costs must be enormous though retooling and such.

Is Elon building any assembly capacity at all?

It’s probably better to buy unused assembly plants like they did with Fremont. The costs must be enormous though retooling and such.

Is Elon building any assembly capacity at all?
Fremont (GM, NUMMI) - bought in 2010, 1st car 2012. Model S,S,3,Y, SEMI (2021), will build Roadster 2
Reno - currently batteries and future car mfg
Buffalo - solar products and Superchargers
Shanghai - broke ground 2019, Model 3 started Jan 2020, Model Y deliveries just started. For China and Asia market. 500K deliveries are expected in 2021.

Currently being built:
Berlin - Model 3 and Y, operations start mid 2021 - European market
Austin - operations late 2021 - Model 3 and Y for Eastern US, Cybertruck. This will be the biggest auto plant ever built

Future: Central US, Asia (South Korea or 2nd China), U.K. (rumor only)

Interestingly, I have owned 3 cars built at the Fremont, CA plant. 1965 4-4-2, 1993 Toyota 4WD PU, 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Last edited:
Apple has continued to introduce new products; to reinvent itself. And change the world.
Computers (for home, business servers) both desktop and notebook, iPods, iPhone, iPad, Watch, Apple TV.
Back in 2017, I started looking for a Lexus RX450h. Apple had bought up all of 'em in the South Bay to work on their new car.
By the time more came in from the factory, we eneded up with a 2018 moel year.

While expensive, their products are of the highest quality and are in many ways best of breed.
And i own Apple stock ..I am very happy when people buy Apple.

I thought it would look a little more like this-
The_Busy_World_of_Richard_Scarry.jpg

this would be an improvement over the "rolling door stop"!

Apparently isn’t using their new M1 CPU as it has Windows preinstalled 😉

I certainly hope it doesn’t look like that... but I’d definitely wait to see how they handle repairs out of warranty. I don’t think Louis Rossmann would be taking in Apple cars for repairs.

The largest acquisition Apple has ever made was Beats, for $3.2B, and that arguably, was at least partly an acqui-hire to get Dre and Jimmy Iovine on board to shepherd Apple's place in the music industry as it shifted to streaming.

Despite its financial muscle, Apple is not in the habit of spending big on buying companies, and certainly not those with cruft, or distress that would require cleaning up. What it does do is selectively buy smaller companies as puzzle pieces that help complement the larger strategies it is pursuing.

It has burned a lot of money on development related to automotive, but what, if anything, resulting from that effort is still far from merely even being vaporware, so take all such rumors with some salt.

Saw a nice bump in my Apple stock this afternoon and this is why. I wonder if they will slow it down on purpose and weaken the battery life once you’ve had it for a few years to get you to buy a new one like the iPhone?
True as I **** sure wouldn't have one of their phones or anything else they touch for that matter. Of course they will have their die hard mindless supporters standing in line to get one.

Guess Apple products have their place, just too simple for me. Find the Android platform much more technical.
I am not an Apple guy. But their quality is simply stellar. The best. Yes, their products are the easiest to use. Also the most productive.
I would expect their EV to be innovative and future looking like all their products. Oh yeah, and expensive...

Just my 2 cents. Now, back to teaching myself some React.

The only advantage of a Google car is that Google will always know where you are even if you don’t. 🤣

I figured it would read your emails while it broadcast your position and sold it to potential advertisers at the destination before you even arrive.

I am not an Apple guy. But their quality is simply stellar. The best. Yes, their products are the easiest to use. Also the most productive.
I would expect their EV to be innovative and future looking like all their products. Oh yeah, and expensive...

Just my 2 cents. Now, back to teaching myself some React.
Yeah opinions vary... for me Apple is like Starbucks in that they're selling an experience as the product is barely tolerable. Never been impressed by either on any level is all.

Back