New API SP QS 5w-40 euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this stack up compared to other 5w-40 or even Castrol 0w-40?
More speculation than anything since it's new but all the certifications help determine how good it can be. Sub par oil won't have all those certifications. If you have an SRT calling for a 40 this couldn't hurt.

Mine is all SN Plus, but admittedly it's the country Walmart, farmers are not buying Euro oil and they are stuffed with it. The other one I sometimes frequent is much closer to the city and they usually only have a bottle or two at most, maybe SP will show up there soon.

Looks like Quaker state just released an all new API SP 5w-40 euro on Walmart for $18.97 that appears to be insanely stout. Has no reviews on any website yet or oil posts about it. It even says its available at my local Walmart. If all of this is true I'm gonna go bananas. I just finished my delvac 1300 15w-40 stash for my old gas gm's and i'm in need of a new oil. This has to have the highest stoutness per $ ratio I've ever seen. View attachment 57846
There were so many of these QSUD jugs on the shelf at several WM between April and July of this year that's all I saw. No 5W 30 some 10W 30 QSUD/QSFS. Now they're all gone.

Except for the new SP rating it’s identical to Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40. I imagine it show up with a SP rating soon.

D43030CB-CF80-4BA3-9E13-1900856E9AAA.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back