New API SP QS 5w-40 euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Quaker state just released an all new API SP 5w-40 euro on Walmart for $18.97 that appears to be insanely stout. Has no reviews on any website yet or oil posts about it. It even says its available at my local Walmart. If all of this is true I'm gonna go bananas. I just finished my delvac 1300 15w-40 stash for my old gas gm's and i'm in need of a new oil. This has to have the highest stoutness per $ ratio I've ever seen.
quaker state 5w-40.jpeg

I have used QS full synthetic oils for years and have not a single complaint. I change my BMW oil twice a year so I'm going to start buying this a few containers at a time and have on hand for my next interval. The price is fantastic for a 5 quart container and I am pleased with QS quality.

You don't any bragging rights with QS but it's a very strong value product.

I have used QS full synthetic oils for years and have not a single complaint. I change my BMW oil twice a year so I'm going to start buying this a few containers at a time and have on hand for my next interval. The price is fantastic for a 5 quart container and I am pleased with QS quality.

You don't any bragging rights with QS but it's a very strong value product.
QS is good stuff. I stopped using QS simply because i switched to ST syn 10w-30 because it was cheaper and better at the time. But since then both my old gmc's have racked up a tad over 500k miles combined and burn a bit and are worn so i switched to delvac 15w-40 syn blend cause its a cheap 40 weight. all other jugs of syn 40 were at least $23.

Heck i would've been happy if either ST or QS released a 10w-40 syn with no certifications and just the required API SP and i would've switched to it anyway. But wow this $19 jug of 5w-40 made me smile. i was about to pull the trigger on ordering Valvoline 5w-40 euro cause the freeze in texas made me regret the 15w-40.

QS is good stuff. I stopped using QS simply because i switched to ST syn 10w-30 because it was cheaper and better at the time. But since then both my old gmc's have racked up a tad over 500k miles combined and burn a bit and are worn so i switched to delvac 15w-40 syn blend cause its a cheap 40 weight. all other jugs of syn 40 were at least $23.

Heck i would've been happy if either ST or QS released a 10w-40 syn with no certifications and just the required API SP and i would've switched to it anyway. But wow this $19 jug of 5w-40 made me smile. i was about to pull the trigger on ordering Valvoline 5w-40 euro cause the freeze in texas made me regret the 15w-40.
Omg yeah this past freeze was crazy!! I think Houston got down to 4F!!

Gf and I spent that weekend in Houston. Went to our fave Latin club that Saturday night, grabbed a bite to eat Sunday, and drove back home. Woke up at around 3am to a blanket of snow covering everything!! What a trip!!

Don't get too excited just yet, all the stock I've seen at Wally's for QS is still marked SN Plus. Still not a bad thing, it is LSPI friendly like SP will be.

My OCI just got pushed up to today, so the QS 5w40 SN Plus is going in my Passat today. Oil changes are fun for BITOG'ers. :D
i haven't seen any old sn 5w-40 at wallys thankfully so it should be nothing but the new sp stock. i used to run the st syn 5/10w-30 for 10k because my average speed is around 51mph so i didnt do much stop and go and had no issues for 90k with those intervals on that oil. Went down to 7k with when i switched to delvac 1300 15w-40.

i think ill go to 12k on this 5w-40. i have an older port injected ohv that hardly ever runs beyond 1800rpms because im a bit of a grandpa behind the wheel. These intervals are easy. have 309k on my 2005 6.0. love these old gm engines. new ones are kinda crap. mine burns almost a quart at the 6-7k interval. Not bad for the mileage and questionable intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back