New 2019 Ram 1500 oil changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Honda2003
I called my dealer today so I could get the oil change done this Saturday. I ask about putting Pennzoil Platinum in it. He said they didn't have it they would have to order it. I ask if they put synthetic in them and they said only if it called for it. They said they put 5-30 conventional in them and reccomend ever 5k miles. He never would say a name brand just conventional oil. 5k seems steep to me for conventional oil. What do you guys think?

5K miles was steep for an OCI in 19aught6. Plus it's at least a 7 quart sump with a port injected pushrod V8. The 5.7HEMI is a stout engine and I'll wait for further red line recommendations even with no formal approvals and recommendations.

Originally Posted by Honda2003
[Linked Image]

This is the only talk in manual about maintenance. No capacity or miles for service or anything.

First ignorant about Pennzoil and can't read an owners manual. Ok you may need more assistance than we can provide as members of this forum.

best advice is use an oil that meets chrys spec ms6395. owners manual is pretty clear and there are plenty of choices. may or may not ever matter but why take the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back