Need to replace a tire

A question was asked on the link - why a full size spare in Canada? While most Canadians live in urban areas, we have many rural areas where you are at least a couple of hundred miles from a tire shop. A full size spare just makes sense here.

I wish all vehicle makers realized that (or cared about it).

We've lived in urban areas for the past 50 years. But we regularly drive in rural areas. Lots of Canadians do.

The tire replacement issue has pretty much been resolved, although the new tire is not yet on the vehicle. I ordered the needed tire today and got a tire matching the other tires on the car. The tire is expected in three to five business days I expect to be riding on the temp spare for a week.

Speaking of the temp spare, I was pleasantly surprised at how good the car felt wearing that odd shoe. It tracked straight, handled bumps and our miserable streets well, and I could feel the effects of less unsprung weight on the axle. I am definitely going to get the set of lighter wheels and tires I've been contemplating. I won't be driving on the freeway with that spare installed ... easy driving on local streets is what's comfortable.

The tire, with the installation, balancing, and tax came in at a nice price ... less than expected.

Now I'll just wait ...

It was ridiculous on so many levels.
I remember seeing that and wanted to revisit the thread. Thanks for posting the link ... rereading it gave me a nice big smile, needed after a hectic day.

Back