Need legal counsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yucca
Originally Posted By: zerosoma
Just got a phone call from the store, they dropped the charges. They found no evidence on the video to contradict what I said. He said they were "just following procedures when a flag like this comes up". Really?

Oh well. Thanks be to God.

That's good. The police force in your town must not have much going on. I cannot imagine them investing any time into a "missing coupon" case.

Haha no doubt!

They'd have to prosecute over county lines too as I commuted over an hour to my job while I worked there.
07.gif
what a mess.

Citizens sign complaints.
They have no authority to arrest or bring prosecutions.
Police have arrest authority pusuant to a complaint, but have no authority to bring a prosecution.
That authority resides with a municipal or county prosecutor.
Someone signed a complaint with your name on it.
The police would not have otherwise had any interest.
The police authority involved apparently thought the complaint was garbage.
They would otherwise have arrested you, not called you on the phone.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Good, it probably would have been difficult for the NSA to cough up their copy of the video
smile.gif

Too soon....
crackmeup2.gif

Thanks be to video surveillance and the frivolousness of the accusation. God had nothing to do with it
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The police authority involved apparently thought the complaint was garbage.
They would otherwise have arrested you, not called you on the phone.

Not necessarily, they probably wanted to see if he'd say anything incriminating, then make the arrest.

Many people are ignorant of their right to keep silent and blab themselves into the pokey.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
How in the [censored] is this a criminal matter and not a civil matter?

Really, this is the one of the most ridiculous thing I've heard of. Are many other employers getting this ridiculous nowadays? Maybe it's a regional thing. I don't think the police here would get involved with something so unclear cut.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
God had nothing to do with it
cheers3.gif

think what you want but the call came right after my wife and I were praying about it.

just sayin
01.gif

Yay! Glad to hear this turned out well.

Just got a phone call from the store, they dropped the charges. They found no evidence on the video to contradict what I said. He said they were "just following procedures when a flag like this comes up". Really?

Great-I'm glad to hear it worked out. It sounds as if someone at the old company was a little over zealous.

If they would have reviewed the video evidence first it would have saved both them and you some angst.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
God had nothing to do with it
cheers3.gif

think what you want but the call came right after my wife and I were praying about it.

just sayin
01.gif

They most likely made the decision not to take it any further well before the decision to call and let you know.

Just sayin'
27.gif
13.gif

I think if you don't need any more cop on your door than why you don't consult with a lawyer because in this way even you have to pay more money but you can get rid from all these things and may be find some better solution that what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back