Need help finding new V-6 Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ac_tc
Dodge Dakota..

"Bored with Ford, move up to Mopar"

With the shape Mopar is now I tell everybody to stay far away from Mopar.. As far away as they can..Dosen't matter if its new or used.

Personally I've never really liked Dodge pickups. The old ones sounded like an empty tin can when you shut the door....and I've heard not-so-great things about long term issues with the transmissions. I don't know....I guess I just don't trust them.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Personally I've never really liked Dodge pickups. The old ones sounded like an empty tin can when you shut the door....and I've heard not-so-great things about long term issues with the transmissions. I don't know....I guess I just don't trust them.

Everything you said here is soooooooooooo true!

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE

Everything you said here is soooooooooooo true!

The Dodge overdrives are weak. Chrysler had the right idea when they slapped overdrives on the back of the 904 and 727 transmissions to make 518's and 500's. They just didn't anticipate the extra heat created in and out of lockup. 182K on the original transmission in our Durango. I don't see it failing anytime soon and I will be adding an ATF cooler when we install a new radiator later this month.

you can get a Dodge dakota with a V6 and a manual transmission

The Chevy Colorado is also available with a V-8 now.

Those would be my choices for a mid size truck.

Thanks...but he does not want a GM product in case they go out of business....especially a Dodge. Not that I agree but that was his choice.
I should see him tonight at work so I'll see if he found a vehicle yet and post what he got.

He's going to test drive various trucks this coming weekend and let me know what he thinks. To be honest about him I think he's leaning towards cheap over refinement. We'll see if that equates to 'value'....or just a mistake. He mentioned some Mitsubishi four door pickup he saw advertised for $11,000. Probably a very base model and only one available.....!

That would be the Mitsubishi(cough,Dakota,cough)Raider.
56.gif

Yes. They are identical and come off the same assembly line. I have seen a handful of Raiders, but they are few and far between. The front end styling is certainly unique.

I'd vote for the Sport Trac, but I'm somewhat biased. For sure get the V8. It's not much more, and gets better mileage than the V6.

The Ford F150 with the small v8 is the vehicle for him to get. It is better in every way than any other vehicle (fake trucks) listed.

The newer F150's are the best pick ups ever made IMO.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
The Ford F150 with the small v8 is the vehicle for him to get. It is better in every way than any other vehicle (fake trucks) listed.

The newer F150's are the best pick ups ever made IMO.

Thank you for the opinion....I have owned an F150 myself and enjoyed the vehicle. But honestly, a truck really doesn't have to be a V-8 and tow 10,000 pounds to be REAL. Plenty of folks own so called 'real' trucks and about the only thing they ever haul is a few bags of topsoil or cart the camping gear on weekends. To make a truck 'real' or not is if you utilize it's abilities as intended....not because it is bigger or more powerful.
But thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Your welcome.

It needs a v8 if it gets better mileage and is a better design than the v6. Why a smaller motor that gets the same mileage? To be trendy and 'green' because nothing else is gained?

I absolutely hate vehicles like the Accord open air station wagon oops I mean the Ridgeline. Aside from Chuck Norris I don't know a single person that likes the vehicle.

Your welcome.

It needs a v8 if it gets better mileage and is a better design than the v6. Why a smaller motor that gets the same mileage? To be trendy and 'green' because nothing else is gained?

I absolutely hate vehicles like the Accord open air station wagon oops I mean the Ridgeline. Aside from Chuck Norris I don't know a single person that likes the vehicle.

Well, I totally love the Ridgeline.....and unlike most valueless opinions about it, I actually owned one before. And being that I ALSO owned an F150 (macho V-8, long bed, tow package) I do feel that I have the qualifications to make a valid opinion about large versus smaller trucks. Throw in my Ranger and I've got an even smaller pickup to make comparisons with. So....in the last 8 years I've owned a brand new V-8, V-6, and 4 cylinder pickups. And you know what? They were ALL great vehicles...no, great PICKUP TRUCKS. Real, usefull, and every one did what was asked and expected of it. Tops in my book and best suited to my lifestyle needs was indeed the Ridgeline. It's level of refinement was not matched by the F150 and it's certainly not an Accord in any way.
But hey....thanks for the opinion just the same.

No problem.

Thanks for yours. Enjoy the accord.

Last dig eh? Funny how opnions about something as trivial as a pickup can turn into an insult match.
Fine....you win....all sub V-8 pickups are fake reproductions of a 'real' pickup and the Ridgeline is really an Accord with the top cut off.
Happy now?
Geez....

You are taking this very personal.

Rationalize your choice however you wish but a ridgeline is way more accord than pick up.

No problem.

Last dig eh? Funny how opnions about something as trivial as a pickup can turn into an insult match.

That's for sure.
I asked about Ridgelines and a nice [censored] match got going.
Check out the thread Ridgeline anyone?
I was thinking of downsizing since I don't really need a REAL truck these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back