need an advice on neighbor and dog issue, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was disturbing someone,I'd much rather have them come to me in person to work things out vs just calling the fuzz. I feel jacek handled it just fine. That's like saying if my elderly neighbor knocked on my door asking to turn down my stereo,I grab her in headlock and throw her out into the street! I would say "Yes I apologize for disturbing you,and I appreciate you letting me know".

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
If I was disturbing someone,I'd much rather have them come to me in person to work things out vs just calling the fuzz. I feel jacek handled it just fine. That's like saying if my elderly neighbor knocked on my door asking to turn down my stereo,I grab her in headlock and throw her out into the street! I would say "Yes I apologize for disturbing you,and I appreciate you letting me know".

Your first sentence is the right thing to do. Your example is not the same!

Originally Posted by yeti

the group loves the "what do I do threads", because common sense is usually the answer, and they are always funny.

o.p.--- you are very lucky that you and wifey did not end up in the hospital, after YOUR aggressive behavior.
re: common sense -- shoot the dogs/use tear gas. this is hilarious.very intelligent thing to do,as you might get arrested/ spend a lot of time dealing with police. why don't you use an rpg, or set up a claymore, such that the dog/owner will get killed hitting the trip wire.this makes as much sense as shooting the dog/using tear gas.

If someone's dog attacks the OP and/or his dog on his own property, he is well within his right to shoot that dog. If OP is out in public and he or his pet is attacked by a dog, assuming he is allowed to carry a gun, he is again well within his right to shoot the other dog.

Perhaps the OP walks right by this property and creates a problem that could be avoided, but even if that were the case he has done nothing wrong. He has the right to travel safely on foot through his own neighborhood. Stands to reason though that if the dog really was dangerous, neither him nor his wife would have made it to the front door of that house without getting bit.

(Michigan says:) Never discharge your gun at a dog, unless you are in imminent danger of bloody body parts, or your life. Better tell that arriving police officer that the dog charged you with gnarling teeth also. If not, then dog owners may take action against you with multiple charges of hurting their dog and firing a firearm..

Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
Originally Posted by yeti

the group loves the "what do I do threads", because common sense is usually the answer, and they are always funny.

o.p.--- you are very lucky that you and wifey did not end up in the hospital, after YOUR aggressive behavior.
re: common sense -- shoot the dogs/use tear gas. this is hilarious.very intelligent thing to do,as you might get arrested/ spend a lot of time dealing with police. why don't you use an rpg, or set up a claymore, such that the dog/owner will get killed hitting the trip wire.this makes as much sense as shooting the dog/using tear gas.

If someone's dog attacks the OP and/or his dog on his own property, he is well within his right to shoot that dog. If OP is out in public and he or his pet is attacked by a dog, assuming he is allowed to carry a gun, he is again well within his right to shoot the other dog.

Perhaps the OP walks right by this property and creates a problem that could be avoided, but even if that were the case he has done nothing wrong. He has the right to travel safely on foot through his own neighborhood. Stands to reason though that if the dog really was dangerous, neither him nor his wife would have made it to the front door of that house without getting bit.

good points.
as well -- the o.p. states that the neighbor has anger control issues, and an aggressive dog.knowing this, why would someone go and BANG at the door, and scream at someone with anger control issues ? not a smart thing to do.the o.p. was aggressive, and the man responded with aggression.this action is/ should be predictable.the cops even said that he should not have done this, to provoke the situation.
also,knowing about an aggressive dog, he should have always been carrying some form of spray. a gun would work, but that creates many problems with the police, possibly lawyers, maybe an exchange of fire, since the man had anger issues.
carrying some spray is the common sense way to go.
have a good day.

Originally Posted by funflyer
I learned a long time ago to never try and reason, or deal with those "different" neighbors when it comes to noise, dogs etc. Once you complain to them, you're marked. That means if/when something happens to them or their property, even if you didn't do it, they will assume you did and that's when you may become a target of retaliation. Make Animal Control, along with the PD do their job. Document every incident, phone call, name, and let them know you won't hesitate to bring legal action against the city when you or your family get attacked by the dog. In the mean time, get a Monkey Fist to carry when you're out walking your dog. I have one that I carry when I'm out riding my bike but haven't had to use it yet. I've had a few ankle biters chase me but they were quickly stopped by a sole to nose shot.

[Linked Image]

Check VERY carefully to make sure carrying this will not get you prison time.

Yes, the only times I've been bitten it's all been by small dogs. Which was 3 times and all with the owner right there. I've had plenty of close calls with large dogs but they either get distracted while running towards me or change their mind at the last moment. They either run back where they came from or keep on running by me. Had a large Mastiff running towards me but he changed his mind when running past some mailboxes. He then went up to the posts and sniffed them real good. Then took a long whiz on them. Prob to let the little anke biters know he was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back