Need a mower deck belt, what brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Murray ride on will need a new deck belt soon, it requires a 37x88.
I have seen Pix and Sten belts advertised at good prices, are they as good as the belts from Murray?

The price from our local Murray dealer is $42,
I think I might mail order this time.

Go to your local industrial supply house and ask for your belt in a Kevlar reinforced model, Pix and Goodyear both make them.

I buy at DXP Interprises or Bearings and Drives here in the south. My belt at the Mower shop is about $70, at the industrial supply place it is $29 out the door.

I picked up one for my mothers Craftsman for $11.

Last edited:
Is Pix a reputable brand? I have seen some good prices $9-$12
Sounds too good to be true!

Originally Posted By: expat
Is Pix a reputable brand? I have seen some good prices $9-$12
Sounds too good to be true!
Nope, I got the white and orange label packaged one off of eBay and it was garbage. Seller took it back thank God.

Pix isn't as good as a Goodyear but I have a green colored Pix on my mower right now and it seems to be better than the $70 OEM it replaced, it has been on the mower for over a year with no problems or wear issues.

Don't buy a standard industrial application belt for your mower. These belts are made more for continuous running on electric motors that start up slower than what a lawn mower does and the belt will stretch and not last long at all. Be sure to get a Kevlar reinforced one for added strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back