need a 2017 Kia Forte spare

A friend asked me to help her friend to get a spare for a 2017 Kia Forte. I haven't seen the car, but I understand there is no spare. Gotta be a donut spare. I am not sure if the jack is there as well.

What brands use the same Kia/Hyundai bolt pattern? I will check the local junk yards, if there are any left that is.

Thanks in advance.

A friend asked me to help her friend to get a spare for a 2017 Kia Forte. I haven't seen the car, but I understand there is no spare. Gotta be a donut spare. I am not sure if the jack is there as well.

What brands use the same Kia/Hyundai bolt pattern? I will check the local junk yards, if there are any left that is.

Thanks in advance.
I believe that the KIA/Hyundai spares are an option. Our 2013 Optima came with the cheap compressor and fix-a-flat. I had to pay extra for a doughnut from the dealer.

Trunk would have a Styrofoam insert holding tow hook, compressor and 'mobility kit' a.k.a. fix-a-flat can.
To fit any tire in there you'd need to rid of the Styrofoam. I keep a winter tire there in summer and summer tire in winter for spare along with gloves, rug, wheel choke and a jack that I bought separately. You can possibly buy a Kia/Hyu wheel with tire on from a junk yard.

If you’re going to get a spare tire, get a real tire like the ones on the car. Even if the car has aluminum wheels, get a steely with full size tire. A steely with a used tire even…Of course, that’s if a full size tire fits in the trunk. ;)

Last edited:
Find out if a full size fits in the trunk. I just replaced the donut on my ‘07 Sonata and bought a new steel wheel and tire for the trunk. The carpet sits a little higher now, but, I don’t care.

For something that you may use once in 5 or 10 years, don't bother with a full size spare. It won't fit and takes up lots of space. Donut is perfectly fine. Check Facebook marketplace. I found the spare, jack, tools and foam holder for my 2020 Corolla there for $100.

IMG_8971.JPG

IMG_8977.JPG

I am one of the few people who want 5 full size tires. I do 5 tire rotations.
When I am on the road, I want a full size spare.
As long as a full size tire will fit in the spare tire well, I'm going to put one in there.

There is nothing like being on a road trip, getting a flat tire and having a full size tire to put on your vehicle to finish your trip. Maybe even have the flat tire repaired if possible(once you're at your destination) and throw it in the trunk/tire well. I just want to be able to finish my trip without much fuss. I have had such an issue(s) and fortunately the flat tire was repairable. If not, then you have to make a decision.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
a bit of googling will get you the bolt pattern, and the offset you need to pay attention for the brake caliper.

I've bought spare trailer wheel/tires off amazon, you may get lucky.

I agree that if you are in this situation, you might as well find a full size steel wheel rim and put a slightly substandard tire on it and just take the loss of trunk space. Doughnut tires are a waste of money.

I agree that if you are in this situation, you might as well find a full size steel wheel rim and put a slightly substandard tire on it and just take the loss of trunk space. Doughnut tires are a waste of money.
I would be the opposite, but that's just me. How often do you really get flat tires? For a once in 5 or 10 year event you want to waste trunk space 365 days a year? And unless it's bolted down to the floor, it's a dangerous flying object in a crash. Don't have any passengers in the back seat.

A full-size spare will probably fit, so just get a full-size wheel/tire from the junkyard. If the tire isn't included, or if it's in bad shape, get a cheap tire from Walmart or something.

Back