NASCAR’s Tony Stewart killed driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nascar is a joke.... "It's not real racing" over ran, and totally controlled by sponsorships, that set the rules. All about safety and very little about technological advances IN safety and tech. When will Nascar adopt "self driving" smart stock cars?

Man how I miss Champ Car/CART, I really don't like Indycar, but it's 10 times better than Nascar. Open wheel is where it's at!

Sorry, but I had to post this, it is painfully true.

Last edited:
Not much of a race fan, so maybe my response to this post is wrong, but why as a driver would you leave your car and walk down the track and try to confront someone on a slippery dirt track.

I think it was a senseless and needless way to die.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Nascar is a joke.... "It's not real racing" over ran, and totally controlled by sponsorships, that set the rules. All about safety and very little about technological advances IN safety and tech.

Man how I miss Champ Car/CART, I really don't like Indycar, but it's 10 times better than Nascar. Open wheel is where it's at!

Did you read the article? This wasn't a NASCAR race, it was an open wheel dirt track race.

Originally Posted By: hemitom
Not much of a race fan, so maybe my response to this post is wrong, but why as a driver would you leave your car and walk down the track and try to confront someone on a slippery dirt track.

I do not follow NASCAR/Dirt Racing at all, but I thought the same when I saw the partial video. Not sure where the fault lies, but in a night race, in a corner section of the track, wearing an all black suit and helmet, and with cars speeding by, why on earth would you walk out on the track?

Very sad incident for everyone involved; RIP Kevin Ward.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

Did you read the article? This wasn't a NASCAR race, it was an open wheel dirt track race.

I know - amazing. BITOG at it finest this SUN AM. Four full o-poopoo posts just put on the batting tee in less than 24 hours.

I've been posting less to keep my post count down to keep the haters at bay, but alas I may need to step it up a bit.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

Everyone knows of Tony with his popularity with NASCAR, he should show more respect, even at non NASCAR sanctioned events. He is a professional, he should act professionally and be held to a higher standard. What he does will portray negativity on his sponsors and racing affiliates, like NASCAR. The sport needs to show more sportsmanship, more accountability. Not more rules, why do you not understand this?

I am not justifying that guy getting out of his car, that was not wise, AND against the rules. The lighting is mediocre at that track, the car's have no headlights and the guy is running around the track in a black suit and helmet.

If these racing events, cause drivers to get so mad that they break the rules, get out of the car on the track, and throw helmets at other drivers, what are we really supporting here?

You tell me that the race was not NACAR sanctioned, which I already know, but I guess a popular sports figure goes to another country, murders someone, and comes back here, you will give him a free pass since it was not in the United States? There are some things that are just WRONG no matter where you are at.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: hemitom

I do not follow NASCAR/Dirt Racing at all, but I thought the same when I saw the partial video. Not sure where the fault lies, but in a night race, in a corner section of the track, wearing an all black suit and helmet, and with cars speeding by, why on earth would you walk out on the track?

Very sad incident for everyone involved; RIP Kevin Ward.

Yep, pretty sure the rule is that you stay in your car until the safety crews arrive, unless of course the car is on fire. This is what happens when you get out and run around on the track.

I am not a huge Nascar fan but I will watch some races here and there. Stewart was always one of my favorite racers. I read online that it is common practice to run out from your car and point at someone that caused you to crash in this dirt series. The kid that died is also an award winning racer. He got rookie of the year in some division. The thing about the video is you can see most cars drive down towards the lower part of the track. Stewart does not appear to follow those lines and it sounds like he guns it...you can hear the engine rev when the tail end kicks out and runs this kid over. Not saying the kid is not stupid for running out....but it does appear to me and comments made by other drivers that were there that Tony did gun it and kick the tail end of the car around and sucking the kid under the car.

Unfortunate alignment of several potentially dangerous circumstances that result in a very predictable outcome. Many lives will be ruined for all connected aside from the drivers death.

It is a shame how often I similar deadly potential on my ride to work each day and so many unaware drivers oblivious to their actions.

The always smirking Tony Stewart,as insincere as a racer as there can be,since Geoff Bodine (remember when that smug guy almost killed Davey Allison and then in an interview referred to him as a child or something like that).This guy has been involved in a ton of dirt track incidents/crashes.I guess like Dale Sr would always say "that's just racing" when he bumped somebody off the track with no care for their safety.

I never get involved in threads like this, but this one is just over the top. I have petitioned the mods to close this one and block the subject. Gommon guys. Some of you sound like a bunch of teenagers catcalling from the sidelines. Geese louise........ Growup!!

Wayne

A really bad deal in every way. I dont really see what the guy who was killed was so upset about unless there was something going on earlier than the video shows. Both of those cars were in the turn and sliding up and the outside car ran out of room.

The guy should have waited and clobbered Tony in the garage.

Maybe Tony was trying to spin the tires by gunning the throttle hoping to spray the guy with ditry..... but accidentally ran him over.

Originally Posted By: gman2304
Murder????

Tony ran that guy into the wall on the previous lap, then runs him over during a yellow caution on the next lap due to the wreck....

Looks like murder to me. Charges are going to get filed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back