NAPA SB 5w20 Made by Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by dave1251
And the issue is?

The statement seemed a bit....aloof. What is the significance of your endorsement over anyone else's?

I have used Napa 0w20 for about 5 oil changes on a 2006 Honda Odyssey EX-L.

I have never done a UOA but fwiw I have not observed any easily noticeable issues. No burning of oil. engine feels smooth, no cold engine chatter. The van has 110K miles on the odo with at least 30K of those on the Napa 0w20, another 25K on Synpower 0/5w-20, couple of the first few OCs on Honda dealership oil, and the rest on PUP 5w-20/30. Oil changed per maintenance minder with mostly city start stop driving.

I don't have scientific conclusive evidence, but will speculate that the Napa oil is probably a slightly cheaper add pack and base oil ratios for it to make fiscal sense.

Originally Posted by The Critic
And the issue is?

The statement seemed a bit....aloof. What is the significance of your endorsement over anyone else's?

It real simple and not aloof at all. I'll have and will use Napa products because there are product lines from Napa which the manufacturers recommend. Napa branded motor oils and filters are high quality and you are not going to find products which help provide longer mechanical life.

Originally Posted by The Critic
I will use Napa oils in both a 19 Ram and 10 Focus. Along with using Napa Synthetic in a 18 Silverado. I can't think of a better endorsement.

What's the endorsement? dave1251 being willing to use it?

Good enough for me
lol.gif

Seriously if dave1251 says he's going to run a oil that meets manufacturer specs in a newer vehicle that I actually had... I'd take it seriously...

Just like if you said the same thing...

Why ??

I respect both of you guys and what y'all think..

No problem sir.

Just saying what I think and believe to be true and very accurate there man....

I'm glad I posted this post. I will keep the NAPA oil, run it, and enjoy it.
Thanks for your input.

One more question : would ST FS be more helpful in the Winter or in the Summer in upper East Tennessee? I have enough for one OCI with it.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Thanks for your input.

One more question : would ST FS be more helpful in the Winter or in the Summer in upper East Tennessee? I have enough for one OCI with it.

Where if I had to hazard a guess ST FS would be slightly more easily pumped in winter of east Tennessee. But not by much over Napa.

Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Thanks for your input.

Where if I had to hazard a guess ST FS would be slightly more easily pumped in winter of east Tennessee. But not by much over Napa.

OK thanks. I'll run it next Winter after I do my November OCI.
My next OCI in April I might as well run some fresh NAPA SB 5w20.

NAPA is a weaker off-shoot of Valvoline. Driving habits and condition of engine decides the length of use for each name.
In identical engines with both used side-by-side identically, Valvoline would last longer cuz' it's a stronger oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
NAPA is a weaker off-shoot of Valvoline. Driving habits and condition of engine decides the length of use for each name.
In identical engines with both used side-by-side identically, Valvoline would last longer cuz' it's a stronger oil.

Let me guess, "stronger" and "weaker" are attributes you generate from UOA or PDS?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Where is the proof. Both meet specs and is one of the better oils out there just look at UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back