Napa Proselect Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try the "proselect" spelling.

Its the same as a napa gold w/o silicon adbv but
you probably want the silicon valve in Ontario unless you are putrting this filter on later this spring.

Napa's version of the Proselect

I apologize for the erroneous response you received. The NAPA ProSelect line is what we call a value or price line. It is designed to meet minimum performance standards and be a low cost product. It contains a minimum amount of plain cellulose media that offers average efficiencies and capacities. This product is designed for the price conscious consumer.

Our Gold line, on the other hand, is a premium product designed with maximum performance in mind. It contains an ideal amount of premium, blended, high performance media with great capacities and efficiencies. The Gold line is truly a high-end filtration product. There is a huge difference between the way these filters perform.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Chris Greeson
Senior Technical Service Manager

The NAPA NASCAR looks like the wix without the silicon adbv for a dollar more than the Proselect. The proselect looks different than the NAPA NASCAR and Napa gold. Basic filter comparable to WM ST, AZ value line and STP.

I use Purolator plus L14459 that is civic filter
in my mazda

I looked at pictures of the Proselect sold in the USA and the one sold in Ontario - the one in Ontario (made by Wix) looks very much like the Napa Gold sold in the USA (except for the white color here) - the adbv on both are pratically identical. The filter media though maybe different.

I'd look at them out of the box in the store
with a gold as all the wix will look the same on their base plate.

I don't think they are the same as a Napa Gold without the silicon adbvm. They look to be made much cheaper. The can has sharper edges and the filter media doesn't appear to be a uniform inside the can with the one I bought. The Gold is definitely a better made filter in my opinion. They look even a little cheaper made than the Napa Silvers that I have bought before.

Actually we use about 1,000 Proselects a month at the shop. These are what I switched to after the Champion problems we had. Many are identical to the gold line with threaded end bypass and spiral wound centertubes. They use nitrile instead of silicone ADBV. These are a great filter at any price. I have cut many open and have seen no problems, even in extended drains. They are all made by Wix.

They may in fact use a lower quality media, but the ones I saw were constructed identically to the Gold series with the silicone ADBV replaced by another material.

I would definitely consider using one if I couldn't get the Gold series (Wix) online for cheaper than I can get the Proselect locally.

Maybe it depends on what vehicle the filter was for. The one I tried was for a GM v6 (NAPA Gold 1040).

The Napa ProSelect part# 21394 (Canada) made by Wix for a Toyota Camry 92 2.2.

Nicely put together, steel coil anti-drainback/by-pass valves.

as far as napa proselect..they are the same as the silvers just updated packaging(marketing)..for number wise just put a 2 in front of any gold number...

Where do the "NASCAR SELECT" filters fit in quality-wise? They're priced between the Proselect and Gold lines--are they just Proselects with a different paint scheme and a higher price to support the use of the NASCAR name, or are they actually better than the Proselects?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back