NAPA PROSELECT 21348 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off a friends 2010 Ford Focus 4dr with 133k on it. Helped him do rear drum brakes also. Oil was NAPA 5w20 and oil and filter was in and on for 6k. Put some ST 5W20 and a fram tough guard 3614 in and on.

Enjoy the pics and surprised to see silicone adbv on this filter
wink.gif

Date code is 050218 D2 and time is 22:38 or 10:38pm
wink.gif

20190321_165628.jpg

20190321_165928.jpg

20190321_165937.jpg

20190321_170007.jpg

20190321_170024.jpg

20190321_170035.jpg

20190321_170100.jpg

20190321_170148.jpg

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
My old oil place used these. No problems.

Yeah, I have used quite a few of them and Auto Extra's without issue myself

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Adam
Those are discontinued and have been replaced. There is a thread further down the Oil Filters page. A discussion and pics on the new design.

Joe, I saw Bud_One's post and Wemay's post
wink.gif

At 6k oci, looks good to me, especially for jobber/value tier filter. It is interesting to see Wix thread end bypass and silicone adbv. At least second ProSelect application I've seen recently using silicone.

Thanks for c&p.

Adam
Those are discontinued and have been replaced. There is a thread further down the Oil Filters page. A discussion and pics on the new design.

Am I missing smth? Isn't this the new one with silicone ADBV and made by Mann+Hummel?

Originally Posted by SlavaB
Adam

Am I missing smth? Isn't this the new one with silicone ADBV and made by Mann+Hummel?

This one below is the new one Slava. Just not-yet dissected.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-pro-select-21334-new-design#Post4977894

Adam

This one below is the new one Slava. Just not-yet dissected.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...-pro-select-21334-new-design#Post4977894

Cool, the one you're showing is 21334, the one Adam's opened is 21348. Are you judging by the can's color only? Older version was not Mann+Hummel and didn't have silicone adbv, plus the date code on this on is 2018. I'm pretty sure it's an updated one. Plus check an image of the older design https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/PSW21348

Last edited:
21348 may now be Korean-made also. May also be the same color as the 21334.
Time will tell as the inventories begin to run out in stores.
Like I stated earlier somewhere, I had to go to three NAPA stores to find the new design 21334 inventory. So the USA-made 21348 may have ended, or possibly about to end.

Last edited:
Like I stated earlier somewhere, I had to go to three NAPA stores to find the new design 21334 inventory. So the USA-made 21348 may have ended, or possibly about to end.

Seems like you're making an assumption that Mann produces all of their filters at a factory in South Korea, it makes sense for them to produce 21334 there, but I don't see what will stop them from producing other filters in states

Here you go, old 21348 cut open
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4224797/Searchpage/2/Main/260332/Words/%2B21348/Search/true/re-napa-proselect-21348-cut-open

I'm quite confident we see a new 21348 by M+H here

Seems like you're making an assumption that Mann produces all of their filters at a factory in South Korea, it makes sense for them to produce 21334 there, but I don't see what will stop them from producing other filters in states

Seems like I'm making an assumption that Korean production has increased and will keep increasing.

OMG .... I'm done here. What's obviously happening in this industry has not caught-up to you yet.

Seems like I'm making an assumption that Korean production has increased and will keep increasing.

OMG .... I'm done here. What's obviously happening in this industry has not caught-up to you yet.

I'm a simple man who uses obvious arguments, never claimed to be an expert but do have a common sense.
I see 2 filters - one clearly of the previous design and one of the newer one. I've pointed to multiple data points like adbv and production dates.
If you think I'm wrong you can just post a link to the source of truth instead of "omg" signing - this is a forum after all and if you prefer to never have a healthy discussion then your mirror is the right person to talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back