NAPA Proformer 27712 : New filter cut open

Interesting source. I've never seen a Premium Guard with 6 inlet holes or made in India, but I've never seen a filter other than a Premium Guard that said "Leak Tested" on it. 🤷‍♂️

Looks pretty good for an entry level filter. I'd run it.

Too bad he doesn't have a microscope and show us what the media looks like at 100x magnification with a light behind it, like Whip City Wrencher does.
That's the five seconds of every WCW video, that separates the men from the boys.

Interesting source. I've never seen a Premium Guard with 6 inlet holes or made in India, but I've never seen a filter other than a Premium Guard that said "Leak Tested" on it. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like the purolator tech I cut up. This is also an India made jobber.

IMG_4736.jpeg

IMG_4737.jpeg

IMG_4738.jpeg

IMG_4739.jpeg

IMG_4740.jpeg

No concern for the bypass valve ? He talks of it at 13:23 in the video . Otherwise , good looking filter .

Last edited:
And .

93% efficiency multi-pass @ 25 microns :

99% efficiency multi-pass @ 25 microns :

Last edited:
Found these for PREMIUM GUARD oil filters : Give other specs as well .

96% Multi-Pass efficiency @ 20 microns .

IMG_4426.JPG

99% Multi-Pass efficiency @ 25 microns .

IMG_4428.JPG

Place car maker ( Ex. above : Hyundai ) , in DYNAMIC SEARCH space .

Many other products at their site .

Last edited:
No concern for the bypass valve ? He talks of it at 13:23 in the video . Otherwise , good looking filter .

No, poking a bypass with a pen doesn't mean much but he comments it's stiff (it's Subaru so it should be) and that it seems to "work perfectly unlike some others". 🤷‍♂️

Looks like the AUTOZONE STP Extended Life S3614XL for the HYUNDAI Accent is likely produced by PREMIUM GUARD . Not sure about other STP Extended Life or the less expensive STP blue oil filters .

IMG_4478.JPG
IMG_4473.JPG
IMG_4475.JPG

Last edited:
Looks like the AUTOZONE STP Extended Life S3614XL for the HYUNDAI Accent is likely produced by PREMIUM GUARD . Not sure about other STP Extended Life or the less expensive STP blue oil filters .

1715195609633.jpeg
The STP Extended Life S3614XL shown "Micron Rating" of 42u probably means 42u "absolute efficiency" (98.7% efficiency).

The STP Extended Life S3614XL above is 99% Multi-Pass efficency @ 20 microns .

The STP Extended Life S3614XL above is 99% Multi-Pass efficency @ 20 microns .
Don't think so ... you fell for their way of stating it. It does not say it's 99% @ 20u. It says it can "remove particles as small as 20u". The "Micron Rating" of 42 microns is the actual efficiency.

Back