Napa high mileage

Is the napa high mileage 5w30 a syn blend like their regular/conventional oil is? I don’t see any indication of a syn blend on their site. I’m guessing it it if it’s made by valvoline but would like to make sure.

Id go with the full syn high mileage but they do not carry it at my neighborhood Napa.

That was odd. If I select 5w30 on the Napa site & enter my location the full syn Napa hm does not show up.

I just did a google search for “Napa high mileage synthetic blend” and the full syn version pops up, it seems it is in stock at my local Napa. At $3.99 a qt it’s only $2 more for the syn over the regular at 5 qts.

A week ago I went to the No Auto Parts Available store 2 blocks from my house for a foot of gas line, and there was a sign on the door that read, "Closed until further notice". Maybe something big is going on.,,,

"News reports" regarding all the Pep Boys stores closing mention AZ and NAPA most often as the likely new tenants.
Maybe any single example of a store (BigCahuna's post above) has an expiring lease and is jockeying to move into a bigger, vacated Pep-Boys?

The question still applies. Is regular Napa high mileage a syn blend?

Since it’s made by valvoline and almost all of their oils at minimum are blends, it’s be a safe assumption that it’s a synblend, at least the 5w-20/30.

Is the napa high mileage 5w30 a syn blend like their regular/conventional oil is? I don’t see any indication of a syn blend on their site. I’m guessing it it if it’s made by valvoline but would like to make sure.

Id go with the full syn high mileage but they do not carry it at my neighborhood Napa.
My local store is small too and does not carry much. I order it on the website and they get it overnight from the distribution center and I pick it up the next day.
I agree, their search function sucks and it can be a challenge to get what you need. I just keep working at it.
I picked up some of the full syn high mileage a few weeks ago (5W30) and it was SP and GF-6. A great oil for $3.99 per quart, IMO.

My local store is small too and does not carry much. I order it on the website and they get it overnight from the distribution center and I pick it up the next day.
I agree, their search function sucks and it can be a challenge to get what you need. I just keep working at it.
I picked up some of the full syn high mileage a few weeks ago (5W30) and it was SP and GF-6. A great oil for $3.99 per quart, IMO.
I literally bought the same yesterday. Would have bought the regular high mileage but the syn hm was actually cheaper, which is not what was stated on their website.

I grab the NAPA HM brand oil (Valvoline basically) when it is 5 QTS for $10. Seems to happen fairly regularly in the Carolinas. Use it in the KIA RIO in signature from time to time.

A week ago I went to the No Auto Parts Available store 2 blocks from my house for a foot of gas line, and there was a sign on the door that read, "Closed until further notice". Maybe something big is going on.,,,
Probably can't get anyone to work. A couple places around here are temporarily closed or hours limited because they can't hire anyone

Probably can't get anyone to work. A couple places around here are temporarily closed or hours limited because they can't hire anyone
Yep. Seeing that here in Charlotte suburbs. Just opened a new HABIT burger joint. Closed down for 5 days. When they opened again, my wife talked to the manager and he said they didn't have enough people to make a schedule.

I thought I read that it was not possible to meet SP without being at least a syn blend.
The last 5 quarts I bought was in the Fall of 2020, and it was SN. Are the newest bottles labeled SP?

EDIT: Just checked online and yes, they are now SP. ON sale for $17.99 for 5 quarts. Not as good a deal. Rather get the Supertech FS HM oil for that price.

Back