Napa Gold No longer Black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some Napa Gold at the 40% sale. Part #1315 ...the filters are a whitish grey on with blue lettering painted on instead of a sticker. I called Wix and they said that was what it should be. Anyone else see this color scheme?

What car is this for? I know some of the low volume Golds for German makes are white.

I have a NAPA 1410 filter sitting in my garage that is white. It is also in a little plastic bag. I believe that Napa Gold/WIX uses this white/blue paint scheme on their filters for heavy duty applications. The 1410 I have is for the transmission of a Ariens garden tractor.

I own 6 cars, and just orederd about 6 napa gold for each car (from fleetfilters). 36 filters in all. All were black except the ones for my Saturn Outlook, they were all white and had a recent date code on them.

Last edited:
It seems the high sales volume Napa Golds are black, while some of the lower volume filters are still white. The filter for my '88 Jeep Cherokee is still white, and has been since the "mainstream" filters were changed to black on my F150 and Explorer. The date codes still show them to be recent manufacturing, so I assume it has something to do with which line produces what...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back