NAPA GOLD #7712 CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
That's why I use Fram Ultra for a few more bucks.

Very true, even a Tough Guard would fit the bill
wink.gif

Yes because my Corolla will never see a 20K miles OCI.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Gimpy1
You guys need to get glasses and check better before you start saying that only made in America stuff is good. The very first picture says in 3 languages (English, French, and Spanish) MADE IN THE USA. EEUU IS SPANISH FOR USA. So from all the comments above it's American quality control that sucks. The ignorance and xenophobia is big with this group

Sounds like you are very biased towards anything made in the U.S.A.

Maybe you should take a look at a POS Parts Master before calling anyone here ignorant

Have a nice day

I'm not biased against any COO, but you posting 2 separate oil filters made in two different countries proves my point. Any manufactured part will have failures, and saying that products made in China, Mexico, Taiwan, or where ever are junk is just plain ignorant. The parts may be assembled in one country but the actual parts my be from several different countries, or even the prime materials can be sourced from any country.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by WellOiled
Look at it this way. At least the thread end bypass fans will embrace the filter.
lol.gif

The thread end by-pass eats up filter media space. Not really a big deal, except on the really small filters, like this one.

That filter media assembly is TINY ... ! And the metal seam crimp issue looks AWFUL ?!?!

Last edited:
So the first set of pics says made in USA. How did we get Mexico from this?

Ugly construction for sure. Are these assembled by machine or people?

53 Stude, thanks for the cut and post. You've been busy this past weekend.

Originally Posted by PimTac
So the first set of pics says made in USA. How did we get Mexico from this?

Ugly construction for sure. Are these assembled by machine or people?

53 Stude, thanks for the cut and post. You've been busy this past weekend.

I will speak as the OP; I dont have faith after seeing the b.s. my brother saw being produced at hermosillo Mexico plant for his job he works at.

I will use a Prime Guard or tough guard or ST filter for whatever OCI I choose.

Quality being poor in Mexico says to me: run, run fast away

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
That's why I use Fram Ultra for a few more bucks.

When the 7055s are on the "Farm & Fleet" sale biannually, I can get 3 of them for the cost of an XG, since WM jacked up the price after the Trico purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back