Napa Proselect oil filter cut open.

NipponAsia 77750 Oil Filter Cutter Replace for Longacre, Suitable for Filter Cutting Range 2 3/8"-5" https://a.co/d/eMwTiGh
Did you move the two rollers inward to the other set of holes? That's where they need to be for the smaller oil filters.
Edit - was already asked about moving the rollers. I got a similar Longacers knock-off on eBay for about $17 with free shipping.

Well I bought oil filter cutter on Amazon, and it wouldn't go small enough to cut a Nissan filter, and it ended up breaking..🤷🏻‍♂️
What broke on the filter cutter? When a filter cutter is used, it has to be cut slowly with small turns on the cutting wheel. If you go gonzo and try to cut the can all the way through with just a few turns then it's going way to aggressive.

What broke on the filter cutter? When a filter cutter is used, it has to be cut slowly with small turns on the cutting wheel. If you go gonzo and try to cut the can all the way through with just a few turns then it's going way to aggressive.
I have used tubing cutter before, I know you have to go slowly, obviously I didn't move it forward, but it was the handle that broke off..

I think I'm going to go ahead and order this one,
Oil Filter Cutting Replace Tool Fits Filters Up To 5 1/2 Inch Diameter https://a.co/d/f5jb9Ug

I'm really curious what the WIX XP looks like after I cut it open..
I'm heading down to South Carolina, I think I'm going to pick up some of the Microguard filters while I'm down there can't get them here in Delaware.

I have used tubing cutter before, I know you have to go slowly, obviously I didn't move it forward, but it was the handle that broke off..
The threaded rod that the handle is connected to? The threaded rod on the Longacre style filter cutters are pretty small in diameter.

Do you have one of these?
Yes. I hold the cutter body and rotate the filter with my other hand. I only use the handle to adjust the cutting wheel pressure on the filter. I don't use the handle to rotate the cutter. But if someone did, the pressure on the cutting wheel must not be so high that the cutter is real hard to rotate and put a lot of stress into the handle rod.

Yes. I hold the cutter body and rotate the filter with my other hand. I only use the handle to adjust the cutting wheel pressure on the filter. I don't use the handle to rotate the cutter. But if someone did, the pressure on the cutting wheel must not be so high that the cutter is real hard to rotate and put a lot of stress into the handle rod.
That's exactly how I did it, and just as I was tightening it up a little bit more, the handle just broke it wasn't even close to being tightened down tight enough yet to turn a filter. It could have been a flaw I really don't know, 🤷🏻‍♂️ I sent it back got my money back. I'll just get one, that I don't have to worry about moving the rollers.. I don't have any filters to cut open right now..
Unless I ride over to the recycling center and see if there's any..

Back