NAPA Full Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the new NAPA Full Synthetic in 5w-30 10w-30 and 15w-40 yesterday while I was out and of course it is made by Ashland Oil " Valvoline " like their other various rebottled NAPA oils .

That said and given the low price of 2.99 per quart I wonder what is the likelyhood of this being made from Shells EOP basestock since it's been reported to be made at a much less cost than even group III basestocks much less PAO and throw in the fact Valvoline is a blender and purchases from other companies .

Come Labor Day weekend when NAPA puts on those great motor oil sales this stuff might be bought for ....... ?
smile.gif
Hmmmmmm
wink.gif

Valvoline just told me it is a group III/IV oil .

I'd sure like to see the MSDS . Anyway , I picked up a quart of the 10w-30 for a VOA to see how this stuff is built .

I think it's probably going to be a better value than the Supertech stuff at Wal-Marts since I have me a thread going here speaking to just me , myself and I
smile.gif

Moto,
You are not alone buddy. I went to a local Napa this morning to see what oil brands they had and also noticed the Napa Full synthetic. I believe it comes in a silver bottle? It looked interesting and for just $2.99, is also attractive!
wink.gif
Group III/IV sounds good also!
You have contributed to this site a lot and it IS appreciated....just though I'd let ya know!

Just a question about that statement from Valvoline:
When you asked, did you ask about the Valvoline brand or did you specifically mention NAPA Full Synthectic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back