NAPA European oil

Anybody using NAPA European full synthetic oil. Made by Valvoline, $4.50 a quart. Meets BMW Specs LL-01.

Screenshot_20240421_183115_Chrome.jpg

No, but that's a decent price. Right now Walmart has x3 5qt of Mobil 1 0w-40 Euro for $63.xx listed in the other thread for a bit less. Regular Volvoline Euro is outrageous cost wise. Think WM has it listed for $30+.

A friend of mine that owned and ran a (now closed) landmark VW/Audi repair and tuning shop in Minneapolis, used NAPA Synthetic 5W-40 Euro as a go-to oil for customers that did not specify what oil was to be used (he had several options including Motul, Redline, Liqui-Moly).

It is a fine oil to use in a Euro calling for 5W-40.

A friend of mine that owned and ran a (now closed) landmark VW/Audi repair and tuning shop in Minneapolis, used NAPA Synthetic 5W-40 Euro as a go-to oil for customers that did not specify what oil was to be used (he had several options including Motul, Redline, Liqui-Moly).

It is a fine oil to use in a Euro calling for 5W-40.

I am a bit skeptical, A VOA on this oil would be nice. Is there an SDS on this oil? I did not know that NAPA was selling a Euro Oil under their name. I guess they found out I am using Mobil 1 ESP

I am a bit skeptical, A VOA on this oil would be nice. Is there an SDS on this oil? I did not know that NAPA was selling a Euro Oil under their name. I guess they found out I am using Mobil 1 ESP
NAPA has been selling this API SN oil, made by Valvoline, for over a decade.

Seek out the data you're interested in and let us know what you find.

NAPA has been selling this API SN oil, made by Valvoline, for over a decade.

Seek out the data you're interested in and let us know what you find.
The data you need is listed on the back of the container. It lists the manufacturer approvals the oil holds, which for the most part can be verified by comparing against a manufacturer list of approved oils.

It's probably just Valvoline Euro 5w40.
No, but that's a decent price. Right now Walmart has x3 5qt of Mobil 1 0w-40 Euro for $63.xx listed in the other thread for a bit less. Regular Volvoline Euro is outrageous cost wise. Think WM has it listed for $30+.

I rarely go to WalMart for oils/filters anymore, not worth my time. Their pricing and stock is all over the map, and it doesn't just seem to be my local stores. They once had a gallon of Rotella T4 15w40 listed for $25/gallon one week, and the next week it was $17/gallon.

If I buy Valvoline Euro 5w40 I get the x3 5qt pack on Amazon, enough for 2 oil changes in my car.

Disappointed that it's still the old SN stuff. There's a few out there (like Castrol Euro 5w40 that I still have) with the new SP Standards for gasoline passenger vehicles and light trucks.

It's probably just Valvoline Euro 5w40.

I rarely go to WalMart for oils/filters anymore, not worth my time. Their pricing and stock is all over the map, and it doesn't just seem to be my local stores. They once had a gallon of Rotella T4 15w40 listed for $25/gallon one week, and the next week it was $17/gallon.

If I buy Valvoline Euro 5w40 I get the x3 5qt pack on Amazon, enough for 2 oil changes in my car.
I agree w/you but be prepare to be flamed by the "Influencers" on this board. I made the same statement & some here had a meltdown. They said "I made a bold claim & It's not be the same" & I argued "Why would NAPA pay for a special blend". HA! It makes perfect sense that it's exactly the same product in the bottle with a different label but I've not done or seen a VOA to prove me wrong yet.

Amazon & other retailers can be convenient no doubt about it. My only local retail outlet for anything is the local Wally. The joys of living in a cowtown, Mizzura LOL. I don't know for sure but I think that the oil suppliers rent the space & set the sale price promotions. 🤷‍♂️

Back