Napa Canada - ARGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I looked up my local Napa Store and went there on my way to do some running around for work. (Working from home today).

I get there and walk in and 3 people are at the service desk on the phones (Do mostly commercial accounts judging by the conversations and the dust on the products on the shelves).

I get close to the counter and wait patiently and overhear 2 of the 3 guys talking about accounts etc. The third guy is talking to what sounds like his girl friend about how [censored] he is feeling on this new medication etc.

This goes on for about 10 minutes as I keep eyeballing the guys at the counter and keep looking at my watch.

Finally the guy says to his G/F that he had to go because there was a customer waiting. Aside from blowing steam out my ears about the casual conversation this idiot was having while I was standing there I diffused myself and asked politely for a 18512 part no. (3/8" Magnefine filter).

He said abruptly, wait I have to get to that screen followed by what's that number again.
mad.gif
I politely tell him again and he says that they don't have it and to check another Napa and proceeds to make a call dialing on the speaker.

I said well can you tell me how much it is and which location has it. He says, you probably want to get it elsewhere cause it's expensive for a filter and gets back on the phone.

mad.gif
I was about to loose my **** and get i-rate but at that point the othe guy got off the phone and I said to him can you please help me because this guy seems more interested in talking to his girl friend about his mental problems than helping me find my part.

The guy apologizes and says it's $103.50 for 1 Magnefine Filter. I told him that it was cheaper across the border and the guy looks at me like "what do you want me to do about it", he then says "we don't have any and none of our stores in Hamilton have them either, do you want me to order it for you".

I thanked him for being a lot more helpful than the idiot next to him while the idiot looked at me like "what did I do" and I walked out.

mad.gif
I'm so P.O.-ed with this experience I might not ever go back to another Napa store on this side of the border again and was hoping that others could reassure me that this was a one-off incident and not the way the brand cares for its walk-in customers.

I know why there is dust on everything now because no one wants to deal with these morons other than accounts.

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Keep in mind that most NAPAs are independently owned. Your local idiots might not be under the same management as the guys in the next town.

Most NAPAs have a majority of commercial accounts, walk-ins are maybe 2% of their business.

Yeah I work for a Franchise so I know not to judge a brand by one bad experience hence the reason I said at the bottom of this rant about I was hoping this was a one-off situation.

I think a letter to Napa might be in order.
56.gif

Shoot, Stevie. I paid something like $3.00 for my Magnefine from RockAuto earlier this year, like, a couple months ago.

I think it was under the Cardone brand as a private label, but the unit itself says Magnefine clear as day, made in Australia. The 1/2" size was the one on sale for so cheap but I used a couple of cheap hardware store 1/2"-3/8" reducers to adapt it to my 3/8" trans lines.
Good luck!

A-1 CARDONE Part # 20FLT3 More Information About this Part Cardone Service Plus
Category: Power Steering Filter
$2.20

Just search for "20FLT3" and it's there.

Do you know the part number? I can't find it on the site.

Are the ATP filters any good? I see they make one similar to a Magnefine and they are cheap as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back