1) Fram Ultra (when other run out!)
2) Leftover Bosch Distance Plus (got tons of them for $3 each)
3) Leftover Frams (various EG, TG, HM and XG - got tons of them for $.50 - $5 each)
4) Various random cheapies from RockAuto for about a buck a pice
5) I'm good. I've probably got 100 filters.
1: Fram Ultra
That’s all I got. Using Motorcraft cartridge on my Ford 2.7 ecoboost for now... hoping for Fram to make an ultra for that then I won’t have a need to go to anyone but Fram.
Both cars in my signature take the same oil filter
1. Mahle: Made in Austria for my applications and I've never had the stud stay in the block and leak oil.
2. OEM VAG: Made by Mann in Germany and my local VW dealer is cheaper than AAP for essentially the same filter. I have had the
stud stay in the block causing a mess once however. I now check/tighten the stud with a rubber strap wrench before putting the filter on.
Mahle's never need tightened, Mann's sometimes do.
3. Fram Tough Guard: It's the oil filter on my generator. Filters well @ 99%, silicone ADV, priced reasonable at Walmart.
ONLY: Filtec Honda PCX-004 for most high-performace Japanese cars ex Toyota.
Mobil-1 EP (rebadged Champion Labs)
WORST: OEM NISSAN Made in China. Absolute Garbage engine destroyers
Second Worst: (reason I joined BITOG) TOYOTA DENSO (Made in Thailand) Looks Good - don't flow.
The Made in Japan Foam media (that came on the car from factory) works perfect. Swapped multiple samples back and forth and it was ABSOLUTELY the filter media. Two different Toyotas same time.