My Speeding Ticket - Conclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
And pleading guilty to something that you didn't do, in order to have a different outcome to having been caught doing something that you DID do isn't farcical ?

Yes, it is...but then again, what passes for the "justice" system here is usually an equal mix of tragedy and farce.

Quote:
And pleading guilty to something that you didn't do, in order to have a different outcome to having been caught doing something that you DID do isn't farcical ?

At least you've gone from "low form" to farcical now.

And passing judgement on someone (the OP) based on a system you admittedly don't understand, or seemingly at this point don't accept, what would that be called?

Clearly those that get it here understand the OP did nothing wrong. Further, no lack of integrity or morality in his decision, period.

So do YOU accept that bargaining to (say) jaywalking (well in this case parking) when caught (and by admission) speeding makes any sort of sense in anything but Bizzaroland ?

It's the "system", by the OP's admission to pleading not guilty to what he states here that he was caught doing...

Does "playing" the system make the OP right ?

Or is the "Land of the Loophole" as it's oft referred to an aspiration for the rest of the world ?

I'll change my mind the minute I see the benefits...

edit...the benefits of such a system as so described and supported in this thread.

It's bizarre ... tell me what makes it right.

Not the OP, drop that.

What makes you defend a system that allows, supports and promotes the pleading guilty to a completely non related offence to protect the individual from ... their insurance company ?

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork

O.P. here.
I'm outa here.

I don't blame you. Entertaining thread and you've shown very good patience.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Shannow
So do YOU accept that bargaining to (say) jaywalking (well in this case parking) when caught (and by admission) speeding makes any sort of sense in anything but Bizzaroland ?

It's the "system", by the OP's admission to pleading not guilty to what he states here that he was caught doing...

Does "playing" the system make the OP right ?

Or is the "Land of the Loophole" as it's oft referred to an aspiration for the rest of the world ?

I once plead guilty to allowing a minor to drive I think, to avoid a charge of driving without a valid license. I drove around for 6 months on a suspended license. I had purchased the Buick regal gn and a picked up a few dozen tickets.

I wasn't happy about pleading to that odd charge but it got me out of some pretty big trouble. I do understand what you're saying to some extent.

You don't want to get into argument about which country is better. You might look up and see to your disappointment that your proud country is but a mere pimple on another countries' backside.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
You don't want to get into argument about which country is better. You might look up and see to your disappointment that your proud country is but a mere pimple on another countries' backside.

Not going there T.V. ... we like the US, our trips there, and the people that we meet there too much.

And I acknowledge that mine is far from perfect...further from perfect than it's ever been.

I'm surprised that anyone from the USA even knows where Australia is, on Jay Leno one night, 3/4 didn't know where Canada is, but they heard about it.
Jerry Springer's too hot for TV, American culture goon wild.
USA, home of the brave and land of the fee.
In Canada, we flush enough gold fish down the toilet to supply water to 7 million Californians.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: dave1251

Tell me what is so sad and comical about admitting to being caught. Please explain because I don't get it down here.

Coming down from the mountain with stone tablets (like Moses) to castigate the handling of a ticket in traffic court is sad and comical. Actually mostly comical.

I still don't see the comedy in admitting fault.

Originally Posted By: Al

Tell me what is so sad and comical about admitting to being caught. Please explain because I don't get it down here.

Coming down from the mountain with stone tablets (like Moses) to castigate the handling of a ticket in traffic court is sad and comical. Actually mostly comical.

You sound like a broken record. Give me posts from Joseph any day. At least it would be interesting, somewhat intelligent and entertaining.

Dave1251 should head over to the thread on "passing" emissions testing for a 1980's 307 Caddy. Seems to be similar types of "integrity" issues over there...and no sign of a mob demanding justice. It's comical what gets attention and what doesn't.

Speeding is such a minor infraction. Law and order is not always shades of black or white. There is a lot of grey between the two. And I wish police would concentrate more on the violent crime that is rising in urban cities.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234

Speeding is such a minor infraction. Law and order is not always shades of black or white. There is a lot of grey between the two. And I wish police would concentrate more on the violent crime that is rising in urban cities.

Interesting. You stated the opposite thing tonight in the "hit and run" thread where a 3rd party observer should not speed to get the plate # of the hit and run driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back