My son just bought an all electric Mustang Mach E GT

This Mustang EV is much faster, more comfortable, better handling and BOATLOADS safer in an accident if one cares about that.
It's fun to look back, my first car was a 66 Mustang, my sister gave it to me.

With that said, everyone's first car holds a special place but this was my second car exactly as pictured but not a photo of my car. (ex wife threw those out)
Used to drag race up and down Hempstead Turnpike on Long Island and once in a while National Speedway. I caught a lot of other cars off guard with its almost stock Phase 3 factory H/O engine. (ohhhh those days ... and the girls ...) :)

View attachment 213035
Oh I get it. I don't like calling the new one a Mustang either. I definitely question Ford's judgement even though they named.

Oh I get it. I don't like calling the new one a Mustang either. I definitely question Ford's judgement even though they named.
Im ok with the Mustang name and I know younger owners who are happy with it. Got to move forward I think. I like the look too.
After the Tesla Model Y is came in second for August 2023.

Ford is the #2 EV maker in the USA and I dont think too bad in a country where EVs are not being widely accepted as a primary vehicle. Prices are stupid expensive unless you are looking for a performance car and willing to pay the price. Many AMERICANS will, after all you can get a 7 or 8 year mortgage on a new car now a days ;)
The Mustang lost the taxpayer contribution this year and cut prices.

Last edited:
Parked near one in Cyber Orange yesterday.

I dig the look, at least.
61CF797B-C431-41EE-B61D-87893E25BB0F.jpeg

Updated 2024 Mach-e just revealed. New rear motor, more range, more power, faster charging. Improved thermal performance.

Now up to 320 miles range and 0-60 MPH in as little as 3.3 seconds. Quarter mile in 11.8 seconds at 114 mph.

I am not a fan of EVs, but hopefully the OP's son has a blast and good fortune with this vehicle. For sure, it is one quick car that can probably run with most.

They (Ford) shouldn't have called it a Mustang...it's not. Mustangs have V8s, 289s, 302s, 351s, 390s, 427s, 428s, 429s ahead of manual transmissions.
So the Mustang II with it's 2.3L I4 or 2.8L V6... or the later Fox with 2.3L I4, 2.8L V6, 3.3L I6, or the rip-roaring 255 V8...

Maybe those are the years nobody wants to remember. I can accept that, much of the 70's going into the 80's is lamentable on all fronts.

[Agreed, there was no reason to call it a Mustang, Mach-E was good enough.]

So the Mustang II with it's 2.3L I4 or 2.8L V6... or the later Fox with 2.3L I4, 2.8L V6, 3.3L I6, or the rip-roaring 255 V8...

Maybe those are the years nobody wants to remember. I can accept that, much of the 70's going into the 80's is lamentable on all fronts.

He left the original 260 V6 (which wasn't terrible) The L6 in the same 65-66- was that 3.3L?

Starting 1967 a big block would fit

Updated 2024 Mach-e just revealed. New rear motor, more range, more power, faster charging. Improved thermal performance.

Now up to 320 miles range and 0-60 MPH in as little as 3.3 seconds. Quarter mile in 11.8 seconds at 114 mph.

We really liked everything about the Mach-e when we spent some considerable time in one seriously considering buying one. My wife really liked it (unlike the e-tron). I wish it was available with real leather, that would make it more of a contender against the i4.

"Mustang II, Boredom Zero!" 🥱

I simply stated my opinion that a Mustang again, in my opinion should have a V8, and a manual transmission. Thats all. 15.4 seconds.....oh yeah baby!

I'm very well aware that automatics are faster, and so are twin turbo V6 etc. And the Mach-e is supercar fast 0-60 and instant torque.

But at the end of the day, when I hear a V8 and I see a clutch pedal, I'm in love. I'm obviously a dinosaur.

I don't think EVs are "progress" or "the way forward", there are many other ways that are greener. But that's another story, for another website.

I simply stated my opinion that a Mustang again, in my opinion should have a V8, and a manual transmission. Thats all. 15.4 seconds.....oh yeah baby!

I'm very well aware that automatics are faster, and so are twin turbo V6 etc. And the Mach-e is supercar fast 0-60 and instant torque.

But at the end of the day, when I hear a V8 and I see a clutch pedal, I'm in love. I'm obviously a dinosaur.

I don't think EVs are "progress" or "the way forward", there are many other ways that are greener. But that's another story, for another website.
I love them all for different reasons. As much as I like some EVs, I don't want something like a GT500 to be silent. It's all part of the experience. The only cars that directly translate well to EVs that are currently ICE cars is where the engine was inconsequential to the vehicle, or the goal was for the engine to be as quiet and smooth as possible. There's very few EVs I like that started as ICE vehicles. If the Mach-E had been just an electric Mustang in the same idea as the F150 Lightning was an electric F150, I wouldn't be a fan. It's definitely it's own thing, but the name is somewhat holding it back for many people. The F150? They've changed them so much over the years that it being EV doesn't detract from the driving experience(unless you're long distance towing). I had a 5.0 and I still think all the Ecoboost versions just sound weird and the Ecoboost has been around since before I ever owned an F150.

A Mach E GT 4x, even with the “ the throttling “ still beats a gasoline 2024 Mustang GT running at 100% in both 0 to 60 and the quarter mile. You would have to have the Dark Horse to beat it, and only in the quarter mile. It still wins the 0-60. The gas guys are say’n but but but. :D

By the way, the 10 speed auto blows away the 6 speed manual.

07F3783D-9CA8-42F4-A277-62A03D7C99A7.jpg
23786594-6F32-4E73-AC55-65A7E78FEE55.jpg

Last edited:
Back