My oil and filter choice

How does one judge how content you are with the oil you use during the OCI?

UOA? Engine does not fall out?

The engine is not going to have more power nor better MPG nor sound quieter going from one oil to another (assuming them meet the spec in owners manual).

I'm very happy with my choice. Mobil 1 0W30 ESP and a Fram Ultra filter. It's in two of my vehicles now.

Nothing is ever simple at BITOG. We have a thirst for over analyzing everything.
Wait … when did you reach this conclusion? How strong is your opinion? Why did you elect to use “thirst”? Are you sure it’s everything?

I'm content. I use what I do because it's fairly priced, easy to obtain, and works well according to UOAs I've done. Can't really ask for anything more in my opinion.

My car I use: Castrol 0w40, Mann filter
My Jeep I use: Pennzoil conventional or Valvoline MaxLife, Wix or Napa filters

I service a lot of vehicles and small engines for family/friends as a side business, and most of what I use is oil that is fairly priced and locally available for both ease and cost for customers. It's hard to find a "bad" oil these days with modern technology, so most of what I use is something that I can get on my way home from work.

Buying a boutique oil that is more expensive and may or may not provide additional protection while being very inconvenient just doesn't make sense for my situation.

Oil is oil from one of the majors with proper specs and if the filter doesn't mechanically fail I am good. The air filter is my concern.

Works for me. (y)

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 28
Back