My Newfoundland has passed

What a cutie as a pup, and a handsome guy as an adult. I bet he was a spoiled dog lucky to be in a loving home where he got constant attention. People never forget their pets, and he will be in your family's good memories I'm sure.

O/K: Sorry to hear - the only one I was around was actually in St John’s … Calm but attentive
We had several Labs through the years but nothing larger than miniOz now …

All: As we go into 2022 … Let’s be the person your dog thinks you are 🐶

Merry Christmas, Casey. Didn't want to put in the Christmas thread.

He got my hat! And my heart.
image000000(2).jpg

Sorry to hear... but i think your dog had a good life👍
one of my dog is 15 years old and he have few days left. Last days it have been going down hill fast😟

This story Just ripped a piece of my heart out after seeing how awesome looking a friend you all had in your lives. I am a lifetime animal rescuer & caretaker who has been affected by many we adopted or as I like to say adopted us. We have two cats now, who just arrived here and stayed with our family the last 13 - 14 years. Oh, what a beautiful part of your family to have to move on without. Please rest assured that you all made the right choice with great compassion.
I can't believe this BUT now I may need some of you guys' positive vibes. I hope this is overreacting and premature.

So, the Holidays started out great. It's been a very easy Christmas so far. Had a pre-holiday party with oldest son who came by with his family last weekend. They just drove about 1280 miles round trip to be here. This weekend my youngest son and his family invited wife and I over (they live JUST 120 miles away round trip). So, in the middle of all this holiday cheer, wife and I got home this evening late and realize we have not seen one of our 14-year-old cats going on 24 hours now. They are outside cats and pretty tough. I installed a pet door years ago for them to go in and out as they please. One of them seems to be missing now. They do this now and then and sometimes will be gone 5-6 days. This time something just does not feel right. Happy Holidays to you all. NOTHING political or religious intended. Just PEACE and HAPPINESS wished upon you and your families.

They are part and parcel of our family! I read that only ten percent of K-9 s will lay on their backs. Only when they feel comfortable in a home....Sorry for your family! I always like to learn from our partners!

WELL, thank GOD for the little things too. Opened garage door earlier and our missing cat was where she mostly hangs out and sleeps all day long on top of the washing machine. She acted like "no big deal! what?" This cat I would say has to have been born with more than the "nine lives!" She has been thru so much and so many tough and rough scrapes and incidents yet she keeps going and going like the Ever Ready Bunny! She went missing a few years ago for 13 - 14 days. When she was located (accidentally locked) inside one of our neighbors small shed in the back yard while they went on a trip. How she survived??? She was in total shock and at least half her normal size / weight when I located her. It took about 7-10 days to nurse her back to normal. I love and have owned many dogs and cats. They are all amazing in some special ways.

Very sorry for you family's loss, Overkill. He looks so proud in the boat taking care of his family. I'm glad you made each others lives so very happy.

Very sorry for your loss, it doesn't seem like that long ago when you got him. Our Maremma Enzo is about the same age and his time is coming soon too, last summer the kids went across the swamp and he followed them and got stuck in the mud... He got so tired I had to go and lift him out onto more solid ground, but he made the walk home again, and is a bit more careful where he goes...

Very sorry for your loss, it doesn't seem like that long ago when you got him. Our Maremma Enzo is about the same age and his time is coming soon too, last summer the kids went across the swamp and he followed them and got stuck in the mud... He got so tired I had to go and lift him out onto more solid ground, but he made the walk home again, and is a bit more careful where he goes...
I know, the time goes by so quickly! It's mind blowing.

Back