My old cat passed

That's the longest cat life I've ever heard. Sorry for your loss. He must have been smart enough to avoid any of the dangers in the desert. My Persian female is age 19 so she still has a ways to go yet.

We're getting ready to lose our shop cat, dad took him to the emergency vet yesterday and evidently has tumors and fluid in the lungs among other things, they were able to drain the fluid out and they wanted to do a bunch of other tests but at 16 he's had a good run. He's mostly been an indoor/outdoor cat, him and his sister both showed up at the same time, we lost her several years ago and don't know what happened but someone probably grabbed her as she was very friendly, him not so much unless he knew you. So right now it's really just a waiting game, he didn't have the heart to put him down and he's mostly stopped eating and drinking.

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dog almost a year ago, and it still stings. He lived a long life of 29.5 years. Think of it this way... he's no longer in pain, can see clearly now, eating all he wants, and playing with the biggest ball of yarn. RIP

so sorry, Nothing like losing a companion. My heart aches for you.

Thats an incredible story in the life of your cat and though it must be really hard at this point in time, in the back of your mind you can feel good about giving him over 29 years of the best life any living being could have.

I’m sorry to here this. Like others have said remember the good times. Rex was a good cat.
May God Bless you.

That age was amazing, I lost my 2 at 19 and 18 years old, they were losing their ability to walk and control of their bodily functions-and they were both older than any cat of any family member or friend had ever had!

Here is a l
That age was amazing, I lost my 2 at 19 and 18 years old, they were losing their ability to walk and control of their bodily functions-and they were both older than any cat of any family member or friend had ever had!
Here is a list of old cats. I used to tell people that he was around when Bill Clinton got in trouble. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_cats

That is an incredible run for a cat!

Sorry for your loss, you two must have an incredible amount of memories together.

He has been going down hill for about 6 months. He got an eye infection and nothing the vet did helped. He also ate like a horse but lost weight.

He was a great mouser and waited for me to come home and feed him. He ate a lot considering that he was missing lots of teeth for the last 15 years or so. He will be missed.

5/13/93-11/19/22. He lived 29.5 years.

I wanted to add him to the wiki with the oldest cats but can't figure out how to do that yet.

Such a kind soul you are sir. Thank you so very much. You did good C. I still miss cats we had fifty years ago. They were such a delight to share their life with me. Maybe you will find another small life looking for their forever home. You have my deepest respect Chris142.

Maybe you will find another small life looking for their forever home.
My wife knew that I would not want another animal after rex passed. So she brought this one home a few weeks ago,before he passed. I was tricked!

Attachments

• IMG_20221120_114526254.jpg
    IMG_20221120_114526254.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 21
Back