My new Coupe

Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is the new Civic is built on a global chassis Honda will use for the tenth gen Accord and next gen CRV, so the underpinnings of the Civic are very solid indeed. My question, how do you like the driver's seat? I've read reports the seat bottom is too short. No issues with it on your road trip?

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Gigantic, heavy and slow.

Honda San is roiling in his grave.

enjoy!

Nice comment. You must be a real joy around the holiday season.

Also, your comment is inaccurate. I have this year coupe...it isn't "gigantic" in the slightest. The lens and close angle of the photo makes it look that way. As for "heavy"? Nope. Another inaccurate comment. It get's well over 40 plus mpg's on the highway and in the 30's around town. Can't be heavy with a four cylinder and get that. Lastly..."slow"?? Hardly. It's actually quite quick. Especially for a Civic. Now if you are comparing it to a Hellcat or an M3...yes, it's much slower. But in it's field, it performs well. It actually equals a Ferrari 308, of the early eighties, 0-60 times. Yes, odd comparison...but kind of makes you realize that we've come along way in that time.

I enjoyed the mid 80s civic 3 doors; They were a brilliant Honda San Brainstorm.
I gravitate away from swoopy cars and heavy cars (in this category).

84 civic 3door vs 2016 coupe

new length = 176.9, old = 149.6
new wheelbase = 106.3, old = 94
new curb weight= 2739, old = 1773 lbs

new torque = 138 lb-ft, old = 93 lb-ft

new weight per unit torque = 19.9, old = 19.0

Clearly the new civic is almost a midsized car.
If you want a Mitsu eclipse replacement I guess this may do.

I owned a "chick car" too. A 2001 Stratus R/t in pearl white. Took a bit of ribbing over that one.
Any way you spin it, though the new civic is NOT Macho.

I not really serious here, buddy - just bustin em, a bit.

You are comparing a new Civic to a thirty year old one? Kind of an odd comparison. I had an '82 and an '89 Civic. Yes, they were simple little cars. Nice and reliable and got great mpg's. But they really aren't comparable to todays car.

No, the new Civic isn't any more "macho" than your Rogue is. But I'd hardly label it a "chick" car. (Man, that's some old school stuff. Didn't think people still thought that way unless it was a pink, Mary Kay car).

Okay....you were just poking him. No big deal.

If you want macho, drive a Dodge or Ford diesel with bull testicles and swawp buggy 4x4 tires... don't forget your tattoo body art.

Civic is great but I like the base model, with options a Civic costs as much as an Accord Sport.

I really like the new Civic and was considering one. It's a good looking car. Definitely has no resemblance to the 2004 I had.

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
If you want macho, drive a Dodge or Ford diesel...

Those are girls' trucks. No real truck comes with less than a Meritor axle and air ride seats!

I always think the relative "chickness" or "macho" comments are funny. I get looked down on all the time in my Ridgeline, from guys with "real" trucks like F-250s. The F-650 my folks used to own put any 250 to shame. And there are real trucks that make 650s look like toys. It's all relative (and silly).

OP, enjoy your new car. Sounds like you're getting great fuel economy from it!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice

Civic is great but I like the base model, with options a Civic costs as much as an Accord Sport.

I do too.

fuel economy has been stellar, South into a SW 10-20mph 1/4 wind 240 mi. 41.6mpg., turbo lit, 5 two lane passes, I-system speeds 80-85 it's difficult to imagine how this is happening.

did, it's really close..not quite used to the capless fuel tank so afraid to say it's more than the computer.

one cool thing that's instantly noticeable is how it coasts effortlessly..CVT?

Originally Posted By: dblshock
one cool thing that's instantly noticeable is how it coasts effortlessly..CVT?

I think they've made new cars coast better. My sportwagen is a stick, but coasts further and with less engine braking than anything I've owned (part of it may be due to low rpms from tall gearing and lower compression b/c of turbo)

The new Civics seem pretty good so far, glad yours is working out and turning in near hybrid mpg!

So my spoiler wing and mud guards came in, today they installed them..The process took 3.5 hr. and when the service rep signed me out I asked for the old trunk springs and he runs in the back and comes back with them...I go to pop the trunk and it barely unlocks so I look at the springs and they never installed the new ones I paid for! I informed them again that I paid for these as part of the spoiler kit installed, I look at my splash guards and all the phillips screw heads are ruptured/stripped ..now I know why they never asked for the lug key.

Problem now is I'm sure this tech not only skipped the spring install but probably more than a couple of the 27 steps to install the wing properly with tapes, paint, templates ect.

makes me sick!

this was all Honda OEM accessories and installation purchased with the car at the Honda dealership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back