My new car.

You didn't list mileage or price, so it's hard to get a feel for value.

I looked up the specs, RWD, 210HP (at high RPM) and 20-ish MPG, not bad.

I'd say it gets down to the price, and the service history. And your tolerance for issues and DIY ability... just because it's a 27 year old car.

Well this thread didn't go as I expected, I thought this would be a BITOG home run! 90's cars are always a BITOG favorite, as is a "real" Nissan - no Renault! VIN probably starts with a J too - that's a hat trick around here!

okay NOW I think we got a discussion.

How about this: Which one is a better daily.. a 93 J30, or a 2002 Outback with JDM swap?

Literally thinking the Subie can wait. And if anyone else wants to buy it? It's yours.

The thrill is gone..

How about this: Which one is a better daily.. a 93 J30, or a 2002 Outback with JDM swap?

Literally thinking the Subie can wait. And if anyone else wants to buy it? It's yours.

The thrill is gone..
The Infinity.

1994 Camry 4 cylinder and call it a day.

Honestly? Where I'm at... every single one of THOSE is a dirty, rusted, never changed the oil disaster and they want $1500. Truth.

I had a Corolla for awhile. It really could have used a 5th gear in the auto but it was still good. They all go for $1000 also and have lights missing...

Have you checked underneath the vehicle yet for rust or frame damages? Any leaking fluids that you can see? You check under the hood yet? Inspect the motor for any leaks or strange smells etc.

You honestly should be having someone with mechanical knowledge come to check out potential vehicles because it's obviously not your strong suit.

The thrill is gone..
Never modify your daily beyond basic bolt ons (maybe an intake and exhaust, leave the rest alone). I’m not a fan of pre-OBD II vehicles. I like something I can plug a scanner into.

Back