My neighbor's quiet lawn mower

My guess here is that the electrics may have a higher operating cost at the moment since regularly used lithium batteries for me tap out around 2 years old. I know engines are more complicated but I have good gas equipment and I simply havent had issues with them, once I started buying better stuff.

at this point, both 2A ryobi 18v batteries are 40% at best, 4 rigid batteries 50%, 2 more pretty good. I have a new ryobi 40v 4A battery but crude testing suggests it’s 3A at best. So, in 2 more years, I’ve got 4 lithium batteries to replace and maybe more. The cost isn’t great on them, so I usually buy another tool with the batteries, for about 20% more than the battery cost alone. rigid will warranty bad batteries bought with the tool, once it’s so bad that the guy testing it sees it without trying hard.

My pops has a black and decker cordless it’s a few years old at this point I used it a few times to cut his yard. It felt a little strange like it was light and gonna break but it worked like a champ and took the normal suburb yard abuse still kicking after at least 3-4 years on it. I think he paid like 130 on clearance end of season at Walmart

Definitely something worth considering if you have lots of time on your hands and a smaller yard

The EGOs look pretty good too.

When we moved I always wondered how I never heard neighbors mowing. Well, they all own electric ones. I can't hear anything unless I am outside. I would really appreciate a quiet and smooth mow. Though, nothing is wrong with our AWD Husqvarna.

Back