My Local Ford Dealer Frat House

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I went to get a basic oil change on a car I am going to sell as I have a ton of Ford service points
that are scheduled to go away on 12/31. I figured why not.

Over the last 10 years I have purchased 5 vehicles from them but never liked them.
This was the first service I ever let them do and the last.

This isn't about double charging for a basic oil change, but they did...lol

The service lounge area is directly behind the sales area (fully opened space) and next to the parts area and bathrooms.
I am sitting with a very nice lady about 70 years old waiting on her car.

The general manager which many assume is the owner is part owner with a silent partner.
He is over 60 years old and has always been highly inappropriate forever.
With the wide-open spaces, he is loudly singing "funny face" and adding some very crude sexual lines to it.
With several of the staff joining in and it turns into a flirt fest with older staff ladies.

Two women flirting with him run right in front of us and one drags the other into the lady's room laughing and giggling
and gossiping about him and you hear it all as we are only 6 feet away. These gals are like 45 and 65 years old.

Next to us about 10 feet away is the coffee area for the customers and a mechanic is making coffee and a secretary
starts opening talking about what they are going to do tonight and no I am not talking about bridge.

I am no fuddy dud, but this is a business waiting room and it should be an area where this kind of activity is frowned upon.
And everything mentioned is far worse than I am reporting.

Next you hear the salespeople talk their normal smack with one guy fielding sales calls and after every hang up
he calls them dumb mf's and complains to the others how stupid they are. I easily hear him telling each caller if it
is on the lot it is $2500 over MSRP...well that is what it is, but he chastises each caller and treats them like they are stupid.
He tells one guy hell no we don't have any Platinum Expeditions on the lot. Then says are you crazy???

He tells everybody how honest they all are how even they need to sleep at night.
He was so much worse than I can relay in this post that I am going to report them. It was disgusting.

The older lady I sat with thanked me for helping her get through this and patted me on the back.
The GM in 2015 walks by me while the sales guy and me are sweating out the price on a new truck and says
buy it now and I will give you a lifetime powertrain warranty and the sales guy looks at me and says ignore him he is full of sheet.

I have been in many dealerships and never seen anything like this place.
This forum will not let me for good reason mention the boys talk the GM engages in loudly in front
of everybody. What a loser.

Sounds like a bunch of har hars at that dealer.

Also, if you have a lot of Ford Pass points, don't let them expire. Their service department can work with parts to write up a repair order and essentially you just buy parts with points. Wipers, oil, maybe some Motorcraft filters will fit your rigs. Better than it going to waste.

Also, if you have a lot of Ford Pass points, don't let them expire. Their service department can work with parts to write up a repair order and essentially you just buy parts with points. Wipers, oil, maybe some Motorcraft filters will fit your rigs. Better than it going to waste.
Thank you
Never thought of that.

Bunch of cretins. We used to have fun in the shop but minded our manners when there were customers or sensitive personnel about.

Tell us more about the oil change pricing. Did you get out of there without using the old C.C.?

Which Ford are you selling and how are you marketing it?

I went to get a basic oil change on a car I am going to sell as I have a ton of Ford service points
that are scheduled to go away on 12/31. I figured why not.

Over the last 10 years I have purchased 5 vehicles from them but never liked them.
This was the first service I ever let them do and the last.

This isn't about double charging for a basic oil change, but they did...lol

The service lounge area is directly behind the sales area (fully opened space) and next to the parts area and bathrooms.
I am sitting with a very nice lady about 70 years old waiting on her car.

The general manager which many assume is the owner is part owner with a silent partner.
He is over 60 years old and has always been highly inappropriate forever.
With the wide-open spaces, he is loudly singing "funny face" and adding some very crude sexual lines to it.
With several of the staff joining in and it turns into a flirt fest with older staff ladies.

Two women flirting with him run right in front of us and one drags the other into the lady's room laughing and giggling
and gossiping about him and you hear it all as we are only 6 feet away. These gals are like 45 and 65 years old.

Next to us about 10 feet away is the coffee area for the customers and a mechanic is making coffee and a secretary
starts opening talking about what they are going to do tonight and no I am not talking about bridge.

I am no fuddy dud, but this is a business waiting room and it should be an area where this kind of activity is frowned upon.
And everything mentioned is far worse than I am reporting.

Next you hear the salespeople talk their normal smack with one guy fielding sales calls and after every hang up
he calls them dumb mf's and complains to the others how stupid they are. I easily hear him telling each caller if it
is on the lot it is $2500 over MSRP...well that is what it is, but he chastises each caller and treats them like they are stupid.
He tells one guy hell no we don't have any Platinum Expeditions on the lot. Then says are you crazy???

He tells everybody how honest they all are how even they need to sleep at night.
He was so much worse than I can relay in this post that I am going to report them. It was disgusting.

The older lady I sat with thanked me for helping her get through this and patted me on the back.
The GM in 2015 walks by me while the sales guy and me are sweating out the price on a new truck and says
buy it now and I will give you a lifetime powertrain warranty and the sales guy looks at me and says ignore him he is full of sheet.

I have been in many dealerships and never seen anything like this place.
This forum will not let me for good reason mention the boys talk the GM engages in loudly in front
of everybody. What a loser.
No pics of this FORD frat house? 🥲🥲

Bunch of cretins. We used to have fun in the shop but minded our manners when there were customers or sensitive personnel about.

Tell us more about the oil change pricing. Did you get out of there without using the old C.C.?

Which Ford are you selling and how are you marketing it?
Yes, have fun but keep it out of the public areas during work hours
$89 basic oil change SS with filter-Under 5 qts
No, I have tons of points. Flipping a new to me C-Max I got for a great deal
Shopping it around soon. Last time I fielded offers about $5K apart
An old flip- I buy C-Maxs when I can. From last month- don't complain they were well over everyone else.

carvana.jpg

As much as i love cars, it would be hard to work at a dealership. You have the long hours, the questionable/unstable pay, and the constant turnover of shady people rotating around. Sure, it would be entertaining, but you have to be in an ethical grey area at all time to succeed.

Yeah I don't go to Ford Dealer or Hyundai much anymore. Hyundai dealer makes you sit in a kennel for a waiting room elbow to elbow with people. Ford takes too darn long, and even after they offered a Quick Lane, they are anything but.

There are too many nice places with lounges that will allow me to chill out and get some work done on the computer that I don't need them.

Yeah I don't go to Ford Dealer or Hyundai much anymore. Hyundai dealer makes you sit in a kennel for a waiting room elbow to elbow with people. Ford takes too darn long, and even after they offered a Quick Lane, they are anything but.

There are too many nice places with lounges that will allow me to chill out and get some work done on the computer that I don't need them.
Exactly
I made an appointment and it still took over an hour to do a basic oil change and there were only me and a lady waiting. Ford is slow.
When I was buying my car a few weeks ago VW was spinning oil changes out in under 20 minutes with no appointment

We can use Ford Pass points on an over the counter sale. It takes a little bit of time, but I do it often.

Back