my first time! auto-rx virgin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do it for your love.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: mpvue
latest update: FINALLY finished the ARX rinse phase, give or take. got just under 3K on the rinse, but it's getting late in the season, I was running about a qt low, didn't have any conventional on hand, so...
I changed it w/ the 10W30 amsoil I have had for like a year now. this truck LOVES amsoil, even my wife noticed how much quieter it is. while on ARX, you know how it goes, noisy sometimes, quiet others, but it REALLY does its job.
I know I really should have done a 2nd application w/ the amount of miles it has (146K now) but at this point, I'm not sure how much longer this truck'll last. It just got hit by an illegal in front of the house (he took off, and some 'friends' of his came by later, arguing w/ his ins co now) and it's got a bunch of rust issues, so I might only keep it as long as my amsoil stash lasts! I have the rest of the case and another filter left, so I'm good for 2 more years.

So..... considering that you may soon part with the truck, do you thing you got value for money from running Arx and Amsoil?

well, it's real hard to tell what'll happen in the future. when I bought the truck, I had the best of intentions of keeping it for a long time, hence the ARX and the plan to run amsoil. but you never can tell w/ a used car, can you?
how does one judge 'value'? if it was valuable to have it running as good as possible while I have it, well, then, yes, I got value. could I have gotten enough value if I had just run conventional oil? probably. but I wanted to try ARX (glad I did- it works) and the MPV runs real well w/ amsoil.
I also never said I may 'soon' part w/ the truck; I just said I have 2 yrs of amsoil left. I'm in no position to get a replacement vehicle. anyway, besides the rust issues and the recent collision, the drivetrain is fantastic, w/ a new timing belt just this past year, and a new radiator.so, I'm going to keep it as long as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back