My dad wants a new Jaguar F Pace, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consumer Reports called the AC wimpy.
You might want to look into that.
Other than that I say he should go for it.

Originally Posted by marine65
Consumer Reports called the AC wimpy.
You might want to look into that.
Other than that I say he should go for it.

I will definitely research and pass that along to him.

Originally Posted by Eddie
If he wants a JAG and can afford it, I think he has earned to get what he wants. Ed

Agreed; as I always say, life is to short to drive boring cars.
Me, I'd rather have an M3 M40i or a Stelvio Ti Sport, but if an F-Pace is what floats his boat then that is exactly what he should get.

I own a 2017 Fpace and I can say the AC is top notch. As are the heated seats ect. Mine even has a heated windshield, which some say is distracting, but I find it very functional now in the winter.

My local dealer here is good. I am actually shocked at how nice and professional they are. They did offer me a pick up service as they are 45 minutes away or a loaner car if available. I can tell a night and day difference from my local Honda dealer. I've had to call corporate multiple times to get them to fix a warranty issue.

There is like 5-6 trim levels of Fpace, I would suggest you look through the options book online and see what model comes with what options standard.

Last edited:
Be a supportive Son. Let Dad drive what he wants.

I get unsolicited advice from strangers all the time about what I'm driving/ riding. The latest addition to the fleet certainly has the reputation for reliability, but there are still detractors for various reasons. Their opinions matter not.

I hope he gets a good deal. Local dealer had the Jaguar wagons a year old with demo miles for like 25k off sticker.

I can only add that with the loss of 6 close friends lately, I understand that life is very short. If "cars" or "driving" is your thing, purchase what you want and don't wait (unless it breaks you financially, of course) . My oldest and closest friend always wanted a Jaguar convertible, and recently had a massive stroke. He worked in engineering all his life, produced a new product and negotiated and was finally approved for commission on any of his designs that he "phone" sells. Things were looking good for his finances. Instead, he stroked out and gone. Never to own his Jaguar or to reap the benefits of his product.

He leaves behind a 9 and 11 year old, plus his wife. I can only guess how much fun the kids would have had with the top down, roaring around town with dad these last few years.

Life is short, cruel and unforgiving. The expectation of being able to do what you want later, is one that we falsely believe. If you are 50 and male, 25% of your male friends will be gone by age 60 and it does not get better from there. Of those friends that survive, another 25% will be somehow disabled.

I hope your dad gets the exact Jag he wants and has the time to enjoy it. BTW, Jags are not numb driving vehicles, like so many Japanese and American cars are.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by jeepman3071
Originally Posted by Eddie
If he wants a JAG and can afford it, I think he has earned to get what he wants. Ed

This.

+1 let him buy what he wants. If he wants a Jag he isn't going to be satisfied by a Toyota with a different badge and boring driving dynamics.

I am a former Jaguar/Land Rover technician and also sold them later in my career. I went to the F Pace launch training at New Orleans Speedway.

Frankly I'd put new Jaguar products against any of the other (real) luxury brands in reliability. Very few issues, mostly trim issues, infotainment issues and noise complaints. Very minor stuff. Jaguar's customer service is excellent and they stand behind their warranty.

Here are some photos from the launch, only car that could take it on the track on the wet was the Porsche Macan, the Jaguars interior quality in light years ahead of the Porsche. They shut down half the French Quarter for a full parade and a concert, rented out the Hotel Monteleone for us and gave us free run of the track. No other car company does it like Jaguar/Land Rover for their employees, which typically translates to a better customer experience.

[Linked Image from i121.photobucket.com]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back