My boss is an idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kestas
"Put hours on it" infers that there's some type of meter built in to track this guy's use of the truck. If he could only find some way to get the meter counting without running the engine, he'd do everyone a favor.

It's part of the DIC. Mine has one too. On a side note, I've been wishing there was some data on what the average hours vs. total miles for light duty trucks.

Hours are tracked by many cars that don't even display the info.

But has everyone forgot it's his vehicle? Why can't he do whatever he wants?

If I want to back one of my trucks out and set fire to it there should be no problem as long as I cause no harm.

Originally Posted By: Rand
and this has what to do with motor oil?

He did post in 'General and OT' so I think you're being a bit harsh.

I appreciate the OP because it brings to our attention the risks of buying a "low mileage vehicle"....

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Actually I'd have to say this thread has a lot more to do with oil than marriage, politics, people overpaid, Soviet / NATO rivalry, NASA budget cut, investment, bailout, tax, redneck projects, ...

Yep...more oil related than the rest...

Originally Posted By: pbm

I appreciate the OP because it brings to our attention the risks of buying a "low mileage vehicle"....
Vehicles like this are probably very rare, but they are out there.

I hate to see anyone waste our natural resources like this.
spankme2.gif
Seems so wasteful, inconsiderate, and selfish, to me.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

If I want to back one of my trucks out and set fire to it there should be no problem as long as I cause no harm.

It depends. If he is billing other people by the hours (i.e. your government) then it is fraud. It may be more than just the fuel cost and vehicle cost, but pad the labor and overhead (fraud) or for performance evaluation on how many people work how many hours (fraud), or use it to hold on to control of a management position (fraud).

It is not just a feel good factor that he is using his truck, it is fraud, fraud, or fraud.

Originally Posted By: ddrumman2004

States at the top..."General and Off Topic"....so it doesn't have to be about oil......at least that's the way I see it.

This thread and Rand's post was originally in the PCMO section before it was moved here, so please leave Rand alone.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

It depends. If he is billing other people by the hours (i.e. your government) then it is fraud. It may be more than just the fuel cost and vehicle cost, but pad the labor and overhead (fraud) or for performance evaluation on how many people work how many hours (fraud), or use it to hold on to control of a management position (fraud).

It is not just a feel good factor that he is using his truck, it is fraud, fraud, or fraud.

Absolutely agreed, but that's a big "if" that I missed somewhere.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Originally Posted By: BobFout

Extended idling puts fuel into the oil.

Of course it does not have to have anything to do with motor oil since we are in the General and Off Topic forum.

What he saves in taxes, if that is his reason, he probably spends in fuel.

Unless I did the equivalent of drunk texting the topic was in "PCMO" section and moved.

But I apologize anyway.

You are exonerated
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back