My boss gave me a 7.5% raise this year, what did you get this year ?

Yep, I was a Senior IT Director and others a couple weeks prior to me were all Vice Presidents. Not to mention my new boss hired in early 2021 is in Canada and we’re all in the US. Surprise they started hiring several staff in Canada. Good riddance.

That’s business unfortunately. Hopefully you find something better in the near future.

I'm due for a raise this month, likely will get slapped in the face with a 1 or 2% raise, if anything at all. We used to get a solid 8% or more a year, but our company was bought out and that was stopped. I'm still looking for a job but I've received no offers.

• Sad
Reactions: GON
My boss gave me a 7.5% raise this year, what did you get this year ?

Was a 30 second phone call.

Boss: Keep up the great job !
Me: Thanks, I appreciate it. Bye

I got some lucrative contracts. They're being phased out, now, but I was well compensated to stay with my employer this year. Once those are phased out, I will receive a roughly 5% raise to my former base pay. Its my first raise in 7 years working for this entity that was a true raise, and not just more pay to do additional things.

This is the first year the county commissioners actually did the right thing. Our agency had a pay study done that showed we are completely surrounded on all sides by agencies that pay 10-15% more than ours. In the past we usually got about .5-1% a year. That simply had to change. With 13 open positions just in the 4 shifts most of my folks are beyond burnout stage. (Day shift needs 13, night shift needs 12, the two night shifts, of which one is mine, have been running with 8, requiring 4 overtime shifts every night.)

From talking to eveyone here it looks like the base raise was about 10% going up to about 16% depending on a handful of factors.

Yea, it's decent money when you add in the OT, but it is a life killer for sure.

4% this year (aerospace/engineering). Company average was 2.75%. Our first paycheck with the yearly increase is next week (ours happens mid-year).

Saw this meme today and thought of this thread :ROFLMAO:

4366DC95-68A1-4500-8B06-5DE36B516A42.jpeg

Back