My boss gave me a 7.5% raise this year, what did you get this year ?

3%, but last year I got a 30% raise so I'm not complaining.

I am on SS therefore the regular cost of living increase from good ole Uncle Sam. The company I previously worked for gave us very nice increases and were not afraid to treat the employees with respect and financial increases for everyone. If a person is not happy with their job its best to find a new one if available.

Its been an endless groin kick brother.....

between stuff you cant get, and random discontinuations we're re-engineering 62 highly complicated electronic products right now.

What industry are you working in ?

I'm expecting no less than 6% in November
I got to correct myself here

just yesterday, our CEO sent an email stating all hourly employees will receive 3% across the board increase due to a solid last year and at the moment

so if my expectations are correct for November I'd get get additional 6% most likely

I got a nice bonus at work, kind of the ‘best of best‘ in the region. LOL

I was working with a colleague on a big project and I was the lead, dealing with all the corporate bozo Chiefs, problems and dysfunction at a customer’s account.

Felt it was only fair to split bonus cause their work was vital to getting this project done….. even if they were not at the start of this project, they kicked it into overdrive and got their share of the 💰💵💰💵.

He didn’t know I got this bonus, showed him my online pay stub and was happy I didn’t hog it all for myself. I’ve known this person for about 15 years and worked with them before.

I told my boss that him (project coworker) and I are a lot like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice of the 49’ers….. rain or shine we can always deliver.

Last edited:
My company let me go on June 3rd after 22 years…. They said ”change of culture“ and gave me a severance package. I’m still in shock a month later.
I learned a long time ago that they didn't give me a paycheck cuz they thought I was cute.
It's just a business deal that either side can and will terminate.

22 years, wow! Great job, few can say that. On to the next one!

It usually means you have been here too long and make too much, so we will let you go and hire someone with less experience and talent to do it for a lot less money, even though it will take them 2x as long and still not be done correctly.
Penny wise, pound foolish move, but makes some manager look good in the short term.
Yep, I was a Senior IT Director and others a couple weeks prior to me were all Vice Presidents. Not to mention my new boss hired in early 2021 is in Canada and we’re all in the US. Surprise they started hiring several staff in Canada. Good riddance.

Back