My AutoRx experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope you get it! do what ever you have to do man even if its running 20/50 to keep the knocking and smoke down
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: electrolover
i hope you get it! do what ever you have to do man even if its running 20/50 to keep the knocking and smoke down
smile.gif

I hope it will go that far....It has a 4.9L, which are almost bulletproof.
Kinda at a toss up between Schaeffer's or the Motorcraft High Mileage Syn-Blend for the choice of oil after the MMO treatment

4.9? never heard of it. i thought all the old f150s either had windsors like 302(5.0) 351(5.8) or the straight six.

4.9? never heard of it. i thought all the old f150s either had windsors like 302(5.0) 351(5.8) or the straight six.

The 4.9 is the straight six. One of the best engines Ford ever put in a pickup.

4.9L = 300 I-6= Inline Six= Straight Six

It's the same bullet proof engine you have heard about, it was one of the main reasons I bought the truck to rebuild and give to my kid.....He won't hurt it, Especially after I go through the engine.

Originally Posted By: djquik1
Well, I went out to the garage on Saturday and both bottles of AutoRX were frozen.....needless to say it did not go in my truck.

....the bottles being frozen was kinda disturbing to me considering it was only 25 degrees out

HAHAAHAH...costs an arm and a leg, has a lengthy/confusing application ritual, and it thickens up into goop at 25F.

When's their IPO?
shocked.gif

Originally Posted By: Familyguy
Originally Posted By: djquik1
Well, I went out to the garage on Saturday and both bottles of AutoRX were frozen.....needless to say it did not go in my truck.

....the bottles being frozen was kinda disturbing to me considering it was only 25 degrees out

HAHAAHAH...costs an arm and a leg, has a lengthy/confusing application ritual, and it thickens up into goop at 25F.

When's their IPO?
shocked.gif

just warm it up in the microwave before you try to pour it in
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
The 300 I-6 AKA 4.9L is a great engine. I wish they still offered it.

my father often talks about an old one-ton flat bed he had with a 300. he loved it, and hes a die hard chevy man. i cant count the times i have heard "id put that 300 up against any 460 fer pullin"

we are texans, it sounds even better when spoken
grin.gif

lol.gif

In the winter, I betcha it makes your crankcase look like a pot of stew that's been in the fridge for a few hours. Liquid underneath with a hardened casing of fat on top like ice on top of a lake. Just the sort of thing I'd want in my expensive machinery....not.
whistle.gif

LOL

Originally Posted By: Familyguy

lol.gif

In the winter, I betcha it makes your crankcase look like a pot of stew that's been in the fridge for a few hours. Liquid underneath with a hardened casing of fat on top like ice on top of a lake. Just the sort of thing I'd want in my expensive machinery....not.
whistle.gif

LOL

I have a partial bottle of A-Rx in my attached garage, and it will not shake at all. Temps in the garage are not freezing since the bottled water I have in there has not froze yet

And yet, I've used it in winter in cars that sit outside year round.

With none of the drama, looking like a pot of stew, or any other silly nonsense.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

With none of the drama, looking like a pot of stew, or any other silly nonsense.

It thickening to the point where it can't be shaken or poured doesn't concern you? If I were to use it again I'd feel more comfortable using it during the summer months, that's all.

same here. I have it in two cars seeing startups below 5F with no issues or weird sounds. I'll take the improved MPGs every day.

It thickening to the point where it can't be shaken or poured doesn't concern you? If I were to use it again I'd feel more comfortable using it during the summer months, that's all.

Why don't you mix the ARX with some motor oil at the prescribed ratio, agitate it thoroughly and then leave it in your garage to see what happens?

Originally Posted By: SL8R

Why don't you mix the ARX with some motor oil at the prescribed ratio, agitate it thoroughly and then leave it in your garage to see what happens?

I have no way of calculating viscosity, or viscosity change, and my garage is no proving ground. So IMO the mix would prove nothing. I'd think in Canada or some other cold place it would thicken the host oil seeing I can't shake or pour it in a garage which is well above freezing. Maybe some non-biased member has the testing equipment and can do the test for anyone who is really interested. For me, IF I were to use it again it would not be during the winter.

Obviously opinions vary, members should do their own homework and decide for themselves, there's a lot of good info for and against all the cleaning products on Bitog.

Or just skip ARX....I lost a lot of faith when Frank paid people to post his product...I used it and it fixed a seal leak then leaked...Not worth the money...for a printing press product..

Originally Posted By: SL8R

I'm sure candle wax will dissolve in oil too. That doesn't mean I'd put it in my engine or that it wouldn't solidify/separate from the oil when cooled to below freezing.

I love all the uninformed speculation. No, don't do any math, look up any data, understand what the ingredients of various things are to understand how they'll mix, none of that.

How stupid does this sound? -
MMO is like water, it'll settle out and then when you start your car it'll be pumping around and you'll have no lubrication and it'll damage your engine! No way I'm putting that in my car!

Stupid, that's how. And despite all the talk in this thread no one has presented anything involving the least bit of thought as to how Auto-RX actually behaves in an engine when mixed with motor oil. Well I did a little bit earlier but still don't know what the effective weight of Auto-RX is so it was merely a simple thought exercise - I'd welcome any information that would help expand it.

jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back