My $26 Timex weekender :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
while I am S(TILL!) waiting to get the battery replaced on my Tissot watch, (procrastinated), I wanted a cheap but not cheap looking watch to wear for casual occasions and work and I came across this Timex Weekender on amazon for $26 shipped, and grabbed it:

I must say I LOVE it! it's simple, easy to read (LOT easier than in these pics), and seems pretty durable. I love the Nato-like strap, and it's a slip-through, so you can easily change straps and I like not feeling the cold metal against my wrist when I wear it...

It also has the indiglo feature which I also like...

Most of all, the Nato-like straps are only $6.00 or $7.00 at Target, and I got a Navy/Gray strap also, so I can use that one for the 'week end' and for more casual occasions. (you can get 7 different colors I think-avaulable at Target)

I have a lot of Dark blue/gray clothes, and it goes great with them and it takes about 5 seconds to change the strap. I use the original black strap for work and more 'serious' occasions...

So for $26 and $6 for the strap, I am pretty happy
smile.gif

Some pics: (iphone)

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

I have the same Thinkpad and also an iPhone, and I think that's a fine choice for a watch!

And you know, I even like Tbirds but I don't own one!

Thanks for ALL the nice comments, guys!
It truly gives one a great feeling to buy something for little $$ and see that it's more than enough...I might end up collecting other colors of the strap too..for $6 it's not bad, but some colors are a bit too 'loud' for my taste...
perhaps the olive/gray one next
wink.gif

GM fan: Makes me happy to see that you remember my Tissot...
I really have to get its battery changed...

Markstock: yeah I like the T520 and the iphone 4s too...glad you liked the watch AND Tbirds
smile.gif

I started collecting watches 10 years ago, more recently i discovered my love for better watches, im on a Citizen eco-drive atthe moment (bought 3 this year) and love them.. no batteries, and my most recent is a perpetual chronograph's.. awesome watches. your Timex is a very simple but classy design, for the price you cant go wrong !

Originally Posted By: dgee
that glow feature is sweet. might have to get one of these for the camping season
thumbsup2.gif

Knowing the time of day, when camping, to me, defeats the object! :)

I have a basic analog timex, it is great but LOUD! I had to stop wearing it - i was going crazy!

My preference is for basic casio g shock digital watches.

I got an EXACT clone of that watch, with olive drab strap and white dial face at KMart for $3.99 LOL. I love it!

I like it a lot! Had one similar but lost it. Something about simple and easy to read combined with a great price is just so right. Yet, many people in the world pay astronomical prices for watches you can't even read and can get broke just wearing them.

I'm gonna try to find one like that today.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Something about simple and easy to read combined with a great price is just so right. Yet, many people in the world pay astronomical prices for watches you can't even read and can get broke just wearing them.

Yes, The watch a person wears says something about the wearer

So...i've been getting quite a few compliments on my watch, but mostly with it in the 'sporty'/'weekend' mode with the BLUE/GRAY strap...i wore it with more casual/friday clothes and as I said earlier most of clothes are either gray/blue.

I am really enjoying it! so here are 2 more pics with the blue/gray strap, in the 'weekend' mode...

t.jpg
tb.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back