Visual upgrades to my AutoX car

Just thought I would brag for a minute ;-)

I bought my C5 for a song...but it was not without its flaws. The nose cone had heavy clear coat peeling...quotes about $1500 to repaint. The area behind the wheels was also heavily chipped...she did have 95k on her when I bought her. I took care of all the mechanical issues...changed the oil, tranny oil, diff oil, short shifter, general tune up, and she runs AMAZING...so I had to do a bit for her looks.

The wrap was to cover the clear coat flaking...I pressure washed and sanded as much as I can so it looks clean. I can still peel the wrap off and repaint. The wrap only cost $200. The splash guards cover the rock chips behind the wheels, she came with the black roof, and the splitter and wing just round it off. Overall, visual upgrades were less than $700 total, and I think it really makes it stand out a bit.

First pic is as I bought it, the rest is after the upgrades.

I forgot to mention, I also replaced all the lights (except headlights) with smoked LED's. No worry for those who worry about smoked lights...they are EXTREMELY bright! That is not included in the $700 visual budget...that was well...um...over budget.

Attachments

• vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Vette1.jpg
    Vette1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Vette2.jpg
    Vette2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Vette3.jpg
    Vette3.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Just thought I would brag for a minute ;-)

I bought my C5 for a song...but it was not without its flaws. The nose cone had heavy clear coat peeling...quotes about $1500 to repaint. The area behind the wheels was also heavily chipped...she did have 95k on her when I bought her. I took care of all the mechanical issues...changed the oil, tranny oil, diff oil, short shifter, general tune up, and she runs AMAZING...so I had to do a bit for her looks.

The wrap was to cover the clear coat flaking...I pressure washed and sanded as much as I can so it looks clean. I can still peel the wrap off and repaint. The wrap only cost $200. The splash guards cover the rock chips behind the wheels, she came with the black roof, and the splitter and wing just round it off. Overall, visual upgrades were less than $700 total, and I think it really makes it stand out a bit.

First pic is as I bought it, the rest is after the upgrades.

I forgot to mention, I also replaced all the lights (except headlights) with smoked LED's. No worry for those who worry about smoked lights...they are EXTREMELY bright! That is not included in the $700 visual budget...that was well...um...over budget.

From your title (AutocrossX) and the numbers on your car, I assume that you autocross. Is the C5 your track car? Are you an SCCA member? I am and autocross my VW GTI in South Carolina.

Back