Mustang Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: panthermike
Those cars are bad*ss!

03 Cobra w/ Forged internals and a Kenne Bell @18PSI......... my dream car.

18psi on a Kenne Bell with factory internals is very possible. btw they had a forged rotating assembly stock.

No one here is mentioning the huge aftermarket for LSX engines. I've been going to Capitol Raceway for years and the only way I've seen to make the new Mustang fast is a Procharger or N20. I'll take the Camaro (which is faster to begin with) with it's endless supply of heads, cams, and simpler SOHC design.

From what I can see, the Mustang only lacks one thing - a competitive V6 for those of use who want the style without all the wild horses. A 210 hp 4.0 is sad, and is clearly outdated hardware when you consider their new 3.5 puts out 263 in Fusion trim. One last update, Ford and you have a winner across the trim range.

Originally Posted By: ViragoBry
From what I can see, the Mustang only lacks one thing - a competitive V6 for those of use who want the style without all the wild horses. A 210 hp 4.0 is sad, and is clearly outdated hardware when you consider their new 3.5 puts out 263 in Fusion trim. One last update, Ford and you have a winner across the trim range.

I agree 100%, I hate the 4.0L SOHC.

The Mustang in the near future will be sporting N/A and EcoBoost 3.5s, along with a 400+ HP N/A 5.0L DOHC V8.

Originally Posted By: INMY01TA
No one here is mentioning the huge aftermarket for LSX engines. I've been going to Capitol Raceway for years and the only way I've seen to make the new Mustang fast is a Procharger or N20. I'll take the Camaro (which is faster to begin with) with it's endless supply of heads, cams, and simpler SOHC design.

The aftermarket for the venerable Windsor (302/351W) (of which the LSx borrows MANY traits) is far larger than that of the LSx series. Probably the largest of any engine family now, including the old SBC. I would hardly call the aftermarket for the LSx engines "endless", it is a market that is far smaller than for that of its predecessor.

The Modular engines don't have a huge aftermarket following, but the 4V heads, from the Cobra, Navigator, Aviator and Mark VIII, worked, will flow over 300CFM (324/263 for the '03/04 Cobra heads) at only .500 lift when worked by TEA. This matches the flow numbers that require .600 lift on the LSx heads with the same Stage 3 port job.

The '03/'04 Cobra is also faster than any F-body ever produced, and will handle 1,000HP on the stock internals with ease.

The new Mustang is also available in GT500 and GT500KR trim, again, faster than the last F-body in ANY trim-level stock. And yeah, it comes with a blower too and forged internals good for over 1,000HP stock.

Not to mention the massive following the Mustang has, which is why it is the only car with its own racing league, the NMRA.

Now that Government Motors' financial train-wreck has come to rest on the loins of taxpayer, I anticipate the return of the Camaro to short-lived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back