Mustang Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comp...est+page-4.html

I think I'd take a Mustang over the new Camaro. I don't like the dashboard in the Camaro. Mustang interior materials are much better. Way to go Ford! Our only hope. lol

Took GM way too long to release this car. I like a lot. After reading the review though, I would go with Ford. I like the 370Z better than both. lol

That's interesting. I remember seeing a video review that said the Camaro was way better put-together than the Mustang.

I keep coming back to the fact that the Mustang GT (with Track Package) out-corners the Camaro SS and isn't that much slower, despite having a live rear axle and a huge horsepower deficit. I hope people realize from this what a difference 300 lbs can make, and start paying attention to how much their car weighs. That'd be another baby step toward cars that don't weigh as much as houses.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
Next year the Mustang GT gets 400+ HP too: 5.0L DOHC!

Take that 370Z.

In a straight line, yes. Around corners, I'd still place my money on the Z. Nothing against the Mustang, I own a '97 GT 'vert, but handling just isn't a 'stang thang...

later,
b

Originally Posted By: kd5byb
In a straight line, yes. Around corners, I'd still place my money on the Z. Nothing against the Mustang, I own a '97 GT 'vert, but handling just isn't a 'stang thang...

later,
b

i had a 98 mustang GT that would put that theory to shame.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
That's interesting. I remember seeing a video review that said the Camaro was way better put-together than the Mustang.

From all the recalls and [censored] taking place with the Camaro right after its launch, I would definitely doubt the validity of that review....

Originally Posted By: kd5byb
Nothing against the Mustang, I own a '97 GT 'vert, but handling just isn't a 'stang thang...

Really?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDOFOvdek&feature=related

mustanggt_grand_am_01.jpg

Gushi_Mustang.jpg

I'll take a BMW Z4 M Coupe. Not that its necessarily faster and all that, but just because the Z4 coupe has to be the most sexeh car I've seen lately.

As for the subj topic, I'll take the Mustang GT over the new Camaro.

I checked out several Camaros at the recent F-Body Gathering. The base Camaro V6 has a rather plain interior, decent plastics, nice fit and finish but not too snazzy. The more upscale SS interior with 2-tone leather has more style.

Exterior wise, the car is pretty big, easy to get in and out, comfy seats and good sized doors. A nice car for big guys. The exterior styling is a definite home run. I really think the Camaro will age well and look great 10 years from now. It has a great deal of presence and is stylish without being trendy. Very very nice.

Still, if a Mustang was parked next to a Camaro for an A>B comparo, I'm not sure how well the Chevy would do. The Mustang is equally stylish in & out and to me has a more usable interior. Hard to beat that combo.

The new Camaro is ugly too and the designer needs to go back to the drawing board.I do not like the looks of it

Ford did a nice job with the Mustang. GM took too long to release this car and failed to make it better than the competition.

Every Retro car GM has made has been a dismal failure. GTO, SSR..

Can someone also explain why GM interiors have SUCKED for the last 15 years or maybe more? Is it that hard to make a nice interior? If you can't design one, can you at least copy one from another vehicle! Ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: buster
Can someone also explain why GM interiors have SUCKED for the last 15 years or maybe more? Is it that hard to make a nice interior? If you can't design one, can you at least copy one from another vehicle! Ridiculous.

Amen! My Odyssey and CR-V interiors are dull but I would still put them up against anything the General makes...

Oddly enough, I'd have to say I I kinda liked the switchgear of the last Grand Prix....

Make mine 6- speed , with the EcoBoost V-6 and 350hp
With its lower weight,it'll be a mighty fine corner-carver and still return mileage in the upper 20's

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
I'll take a BMW Z4 M Coupe. Not that its necessarily faster and all that, but just because the Z4 coupe has to be the most sexeh car I've seen lately.

As for the subj topic, I'll take the Mustang GT over the new Camaro.

+1. But I'd rather have the droptop.

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
The new Camaro is ugly too and the designer needs to go back to the drawing board.I do not like the looks of it

funny that the current mustangs have had their front face squished up to closely resemble the new camaro... I'll take the camaro...

I've been in quite a few different cars over the years, and I guess to me, I don't see some's obession with interior. To me as long as it doesn't creak, and is somewhat ergonomic, I don't care if it's plastic or a whole bunch of leather.

As far as big, everything's getting big these days. I thought my Body on Frame Roadmaster was big at 4300lbs, coupes these days are pushing that kind of weight.

Last edited:
I just can't get past the horsepower/quarter mile times. The Camaro having nearly 100 more H.P. but being only .1 quicker in the quarter mile cannot be totally explained with a 300 lbs difference between the two. In my opinion, this is a real disappointment for G.M. and Camaro fans. I would take the Mustang too...there's something about knowing that the energy output of your car is more efficiently used than something that has that amount of driveline loss.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
I hope people realize from this what a difference 300 lbs can make, and start paying attention to how much their car weighs. That'd be another baby step toward cars that don't weigh as much as houses.

I've heard the best performance gain you can make to your car is to go on a diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back