Motul 6100 Synergie

Status
Not open for further replies.

vvk

Has anyone seen any oil analysis results for Motul 6100 Synergie? Or for any other Motul flavors? I am thinking of converting my fleet to Motul. I have been using Lubro Moly 5W-40, but it has all but disappeared from the suppliers I use.

I am thinking that Motul 6100 Synergie 5W-40 is a good match to most cars, probably better than Mobil 1 0W-40. Subaru (I have two), for example, explicitly warns against 0W-40...

VVK,

Personally, I am biased against anything coming out of France.

I prefer to purchase synthetic blends and synthetics from Schaeffer's, Amsoil, Redline, or Mobil, all mostly American entities.

I think they have some very good oils. Especially if they are bought at wholesale but other oils can fill the bill right here in the US for less money imo.
I just bought some E-100 10/40 and some Castrol R for the heck of it. Soon a VOA of the E-100 will be posted

It's good to see someone ask about that brand,they sure have been aound along time that's for sure.

Motul oils are pretty good. Silkolene makes some good stuff too. Why bother with the European stuff unless you live there?

offtopic.gif

Bread, cheese and wine. The French are tops.

edit: You have to be in France for the bread, cheese and wine to be any good.

[ December 19, 2002, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: satterfi ]

I'm sure if they warn about "0W40" but recommend other xW40 oils then it's a concern over the spread. I'd worry about cheaper oils breaking down (up?) but not M1 or other quality oil.

Of course I'd use analysis to see how well it holds up over time. We've seen the best of them worked over by difficult engines.

David

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
offtopic.gif
satterfi: I don't know about the bread and wine, but the only place you have to go for good cheese is WISCONSIN.
grin.gif

Nice try. But, it's a package. One out of three doesn't work.

Just like a well formulated oil...or a hot date... you need it all.

Well, I'm off to France
grin.gif

Now to the topic. I read the above attachment, correct me if I read it wrong. "Mobil 1 0W40 exceeds Subaru specs but Subaru has not tested oil at -54?" Must not sell any Subaru's in Alaska or Finland. I have a Subaru dealer three blocks from me that features Mobil products (not by my choice) and the only synthetic he sells is Mobil 1 0W40. There are all kind of Subaru's running around Northern Wisconsin using this oil. This is a very good synthetic oil and I would not be worried about using it in any gas engine.

George, are you out there, we could use your input on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back